Amilite Neo T5 or D-Mini Your Thoughts!!!!

Abumustafa

Enlightened
Hello again my fellow CPF'ers just wanted a view on what you all think about the Amilite Neo T5 an the Lumapower D-Mini.

They are both the same size an the D-Mini with its Cree XR-E LED, The Amilite Neo T5 with its SSC P4 LED has there been any comparisons between the two which one of them produces more output an throw maybe sum beamshots from ernsanada:twothumbs would be great anyway what do you think, both have been given same amount of coverage on CPF :laughing:!!!

Looking forward to your views!!!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Kind Regards

Alteran

Enlightened
Where the grass is blue, up is down, and hamburger
For one thing the D-Mini is definitely not the same size as the T5. Length, yes, but the D-Mini has such a large head diameter. I may be a little biased, because I only have the T5, though I am considering getting the D-Mini. I find the T5 very comfortable to carry in my pocket, and I think the head on the D-Mini would be uncomfortable. The uncommonly large head does, however, serve a purpose: the D-Mini has (from what I have heard) incredible throw, especially for an LED. On the other hand, the T5 is more floody than throwy. In normal applications, I find flood more useful, but far-throwers have their place as well. I'm sure the D-Mini would be great for amazing the unenlightened. :naughty: :drool:

SEMIJim

Enlightened
I plan to go for the T5. For my purposes for a light that size, flood is more important to me than throw. Plus I'm certain the T5 is far more "pocketable."

T4R06

Enlightened
i just sold my d-mini. yes d-mini has this incredible throw. but i found T5. now my L4 can rest... this is what im looking, a wall of light.

i have throw light with remarkable runtime which is M1, so i dont need d-mini
flood is T5 :)

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as a pocketable light i feel that the D-mini will be less pocketable than the T5. However... with that said... the D-mini has much better throw than the T5 if that's what you're looking for. I'm still very impressed with the throw and even the output for a single LED.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just quickly, I have both lights and love them equally.

D-Mini;
Bigger, takes either CR or RCR batteries, comes with two single stage switches, two different reflectors available for it (smooth and OP), has the best throw for its size with smooth reflector, cheaper than T5. (you can purchase a two level low/high switch extra)

T5;
Smaller, takes either CR or RCR batteries, comes with a two level switch (low and high), is the best floody light in its size, choice of two models one with a 15 lumen low and the other with a 30 lumen low, more expensive than the D-Mini.

Right now I have the D-Mini with a 17500 extender (a shade smaller than the S/F G2) in my front pocket without any problems.....I like big pockets. :)

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well coming from someone who owns both I would say I recomend the T5 over the D Mini. Mainly because the D Mini is too large to carry comfortably in a pocket. Not because of the length but because of the diameter of the head. The T5 on the other hand fits perfectly in my pocket and I can hardly tell it is there.
The output on these lights is very similar. I would say that the T5 is brighter when both lights are running primary CR123 cells and when both lights are running RCR's, but the difference in output isn't very much. The beams are COMPLETELY different however. Honestly these lights shouldn't really even be compared because the beams are in different classes. The T5 has a nice very bright floody beam while the D Mini has so much throw it will completely amaze you when you consider how short it is.

If you want a throw monster get the D Mini, if you want a beautiful floody beam get the T5, both are great choices!