Autocross anyone?

Woods

Newly Enlightened
My club's first event of the season is next Wednesday (Night Series). Anyone else dodge cones?
:grin2:

VWTim

Enlightened
I was real competitive a few years back, did all the local regions events and a few others throughout the year. Now I mainly do NHA Hillclimbs.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to do much racing recently. Been too busy with other life ventures. :)

But when I have the time, I'd like to start racing either Spec Miata or ProRally. Hillclimbs are definitely cool but I like a little more seat time than that.

moeman

Enlightened
Woods said:
My club's first event of the season is next Wednesday (Night Series). Anyone else dodge cones?
:grin2:

I dont dodge 'em im a "Cone Killer".....

last year was my first and i loved it!

some day i "might" be good.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been many-many years for me. I had a cone fest. :D

Would like to see your car?

mosport

Enlightened
Ran a few local events years ago, lots of competition in my area back then and there must've been 3 or 4 series running within an hour's drive.

Started attending lapping days after that to get more seat time, good luck with your racing seasons guys!

Woods

Newly Enlightened
We actually have a thriving autocross scene in the Carolinas right now. There are four different clubs in NC alone with every club having a pretty full season of events. You could just about race every weekend within a 2 or 3 hour radius.

My club has 13 events scheduled so far and we may actually add another one or two. The biggest event of the year is the state championship NCAC (North Carolina Autocross Championship). The four clubs rotate hosting it and we (Highlands Sports Car Club) are hosting it this year. Myself and another autocross officer just went down to Lowe's Motor Speedway a couple weeks ago to recon the facility with one of their managers. It looks like we'll probably have the event there, in the infield / road course area. That place if frickin' hooge!

Here's me and the littlest Audi last year, we had a good season with 15 first places and 2 second places...Woot!
grinser2.gif

cpf.jpg

mosport

Enlightened
17x top 3 finishes, Woods :rock:

Here's the MR2 that I ran a few Solo II events with, because of the SC I was (out)classed with some $eriou$ $port$ car$. Pic taken at Shannonville about 9 years ago, there's also a brand new track outside Ottawa in Calabogie and of course Mosport 45 mins away :grin2:

mr2scwp9.jpg