post here for diodes from digikey/gray kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you need parts from digikey post here and list quantity and digi part number.
while i dont often have time to do the distribution on a group buy i can add the lot to by next cap order(thanks abit and supermicro for the easy money)and send the parts to someone with the time to divy it up and mail them out.

belyo

Newly Enlightened
I want some diodes. Do you send it to Japan?

***edit***
I'll need 3 of them!

***edit 2***
Since the diode came to hand, please exclude me from a list. I'm sorry.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take 2 of whatever it needs to be to get the Arc Grey kit to work.( bit of a newby to this DIY stuff) Are there choices?

Brlux

Enlightened
I can see why ARC is sending the grey kits without the SCHOTTKY DIODE. It is out of stock at Digikey until mid febuary. The manufacture of the diod is diodes incorperated and their part # for it is 1N5819HW-7. I am not farmiliar with the circuitry on the LS but my guess is that this diod is used for the reverse polarity protection. If that is the case then a jumper could be used in it's place and extrea care would have to be taken not to put the battery in backwards. The light may even be brithter without the .5V drop throuth the diod. Well if anyone knows what part this diod plays in the circuitry pleas post.

Ok now that I have seen the board, shorting out the diod would be a bad idea.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys,

Your best bet if you don't want to wait is to get the mini-melf. It's a round package.

The part number is 1N5819M. It's in stock at digikey. It's a tad larger but will fit.

Wayne

Entropy

Enlightened
Out of curiosity, exactly what is the "grey kit" for someone who hasn't been around here too long.

I mighthave some things on my list, not sure. I'm thinking of possibly getting some Zetex regulators.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Read all about the "Grey Kit" here: Grey Kit (build your own flashlight) Offer
winkie.GIF

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by dat2zip:
Doug,

I'm not sure about the mini-melf or melf. I'm only going by the Diodes Inc. web site. If I click on the right hand column for the 1N5819M it pops up the dimensions which are for the mini-melf. So, I don't know for sure.
Wayne
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Apparently this is an error on their website. If you look at the datasheet for their 1N5819M it shows MELF dimensions, i.e., 5.0mm long nominal with max of 5.2mm. A mini-melf is 3.7mm, I believe. Other subject, with the 1N5819 and the originally specified part, these are both 40V rated parts and hence have higher Vf than the equivalent 20V parts. I am wondering why you accepted the efficiency hit of going with the 40V part over the 20V part. I'm guessing that it was a matter of availability of a SOD-123 part.

Status
Not open for further replies.