I LOVE MY ARCFINTITY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark star

Enlightened
Radio Shack has a good gel-type lube for $3, seems to work fine.EDIT- RS part number 64-2326, appears this is the same stuff arcflashlight uses ( I saw a tube of it in a picture Peter had last Christmas of lots of LS's )

KenBar

Enlightened
WD-40 on a Q-Tip to clean the threads...
Silicone lube afterwards should fix you right up. Gently work it in and out a few times also with the WD-40.

I got a peek at my ALL brass ( except the Arc-LE head ) Arc-Infinity. It should be done sometime next week. Unbelievable!

The bottom half was finished today. The chap doing it for me keeps teasing me throughout the day giving me peeks at it. He improved on the Infinity slightly by putting in a small dimple in the base to help with battery contact. It has a really good solid feel......and the brass is of course just flippin beautiful!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolfman:
WD-40 on a Q-Tip to clean the threads...
Silicone lube afterwards should fix you right up. Gently work it in and out a few times also with the WD-40.

I got a peek at my ALL brass ( except the Arc-LE head ) Arc-Infinity. It should be done sometime next week. Unbelievable!

The bottom half was finished today. The chap doing it for me keeps teasing me throughout the day giving me peeks at it. He improved on the Infinity slightly by putting in a small dimple in the base to help with battery contact. It has a really good solid feel......and the brass is of course just flippin beautiful!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh now you have done it...

<Begin stampede>

Peter

KenBar

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gransee:

Oh now you have done it...

<Begin stampede>

Peter
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I may have done it...but you could fix (MAKE
smile.gif
)
it!

I do have one issue however. I miss the ArcLe. I want to restore the head to its proper place. I also want a good led to put in the brass one. I think it was mentioned that you had a coating on the "newest" Arc's on the spot where the positive terminal makes contact.

I want a light with this coating plus one that has a nice "no rings" etc led.

Question...will just a standard off the shelf Arc have these 2 qualities? I usually order stuff from TTS but in this case I would prefer to order from you just to make sure.

I still have to about once every 2 weeks take a pencil eraser to the tip of my LE else it starts this flickering action. So far the eraser takes care of the problem but I destroy the foam washer when I clean the head. No problem as I do have a few spares!

Ken

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolfman:
I still have to about once every 2 weeks take a pencil eraser to the tip of my LE else it starts this flickering action. So far the eraser takes care of the problem but I destroy the foam washer when I clean the head. No problem as I do have a few spares!
Ken
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You shouldn't have to. I have one arc LE in heavy use and a workmate has another. We both use them several times a week just in work use in addition to home use and we never had to do any maintenance.

This is a premium light designed for tough use and you shouldn't have to clean it with an eraser every two weeks. Certainly if you depended on it for field use that would be very unconvenient. I'd send it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.