Rayovac "High Beam"

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Just spotted a new light in K-Mart. Actually two lights called "High Beam" from Rayovac. 1 watt and 3 watt luxeons, both 2 AA (included), tail clickies (I think), slide-on pocket clips, belt pouches, 45 and 80 lumen package claim, smooth reflectors, $20 and $30. The anodizing has a greenish tint that looks pretty nice. Head is a bit wider than the body. They look to be shorter than a regular MM.

Couldn't find anything at Rayovac's site about them, and don't remember reading about them here. Probably won't be buying one, what with the Creevolution, but they actually looked good. Nicer than the new Dorcys.

Geoff

kavvika

Enlightened
I have the 3-Watt version of those. It's just a rebranded Nuwai X-3. My brightest 3 Watt LED light, with great regulation, but the tint is annoyingly blue and the batteries die after just an hour.

tirod

Newly Enlightened
I think these just showed at Walmart locally. Looks like a Surefire E2 outdoorsman clone with tac bezel, 24.99 in 3 watt, 80 lumen.

Tail cap was twist, push momentary, and apparently no low power mode, just full bright. Might consider it for a tool box/jeep light. I'm sure it will be a crap shoot on what color tint it leans to.

Things sure change. A $25 80 lumen LED compared to the last light I got, a G3 at 60 lumen incandescent.

MorePower

Enlightened
I have the 3-Watt version of those. It's just a rebranded Nuwai X-3. My brightest 3 Watt LED light, with great regulation, but the tint is annoyingly blue and the batteries die after just an hour.

2000mAh Nimh cells should get you ~2 hours runtime. The 3W light just kills alkalines.

Jefff

Enlightened
I just bought the 3 watt one tonight from wally world.. Had to have somthing to tide me over till I get another cree light.. I lost my C2 and couldn't bare to wait a month for delivery from one of the over sea suppliers with out having a led light lol..
It was a toss up between this one and the 2D 3 watt MAG light they had on clearence for 25 bucks.. This one came with batteries so I went with it,, Now after getting it I am wondering if the Maglight would have been a better deal or if they are brighter with the larger smooth reflector.. But the pocketable size of these Rayovac lights are nice..And the ability too run Rechargable AA's is nice too.. but it does have a pretty blue tint.. And no where near the output of the Ultrafire C2's CREE led ;)
Man I just wish there was a store here that had all of the cool lights that are on this site where you could walk in a pick one up with out having to weigh the odds of a weather it is a good bright light or having to wait for it to show up in the mail and work like it should lol ..

Draz

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at these tonight but the quality has me worried. I mean I know its only a 20 dollar light but the one I was gonna buy already had anodizing chipped from the small exposed part of the light from the package, oh well imma buy the 4x lumen one and throw it in the "cheap" light bin. I just bought a L4 for my led fix and I buy these cheaper lights for my wife to use since she doesn't care about a light as long as it "works":shakehead