ARC AAA - why mail order only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi,

I wanted to ask this question because if it were readily available at a local store, I probably would buy 2-3 times more ARC AAAs. The reason I say this is because birthdays come and go, last minute gifts, etc and I don't want to stock up on them. And with the cost of shipping and delay it usually stops me from ordering it.

Just last week my friend went camping and I wanted to get him the ARC AAA to hang in his tent but ended up getting the Bonfire at Sports Chalet since I needed it within the hour. Are the people at ARC Flashlight working on getting these lights distributed through local chain stores?

And some of the lights being out of stock are quite annoying also (Green, LE are out of stock last I checked). Please don't take this the wrong way, I have 6 ARC AAAs and plan on buying more. Just thought it should be easier to get.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are brick and mortar stores that carry Arc's. Ask Peter for a list. As to the LE, it is as the name says, limited. They use a higher rank led that is rare and when stock is used up, production stops. Steve-at-springboard has about twenty left but somewhat expensive at $30 plus shipping.

sotyakr

Enlightened
I just purchased an Arc LE from Steve, and didn't really consider his price ($35 shipped) to be out of line. A local outdoor shop was selling the standard Arc AAA for $25 (yes, I know you can also find 'em for about $20) plus CA sales tax which made it $27. The $8 premium was worth it in my book.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not seen it at any local national chain outdoor/sporting goods store where I know see the Infinity all the time. Stores like REI, EMS and others. It would be nice if Peter would publish a list of stores where these are available. I too would tend to buy more on the spur of the moment for gifts, etc. even if it did cost more.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yes that's what I was trying to say, not so much the money issue but instant gratification. The shipping lag is the number one reason for putting off mail order. I don't think I could resist if I had an ARC AAA in my hand a a local shop.

bwcaw

Enlightened
Peter, maybie you could put together some literature and send it out to CPF'ers who are
willing, so they can go to their local sporting goods store, and get them interested in your products. I would be willing to do this for you because you are
a nice guy, and I think your products are
superior to any other led lights out there,
but maybie you could send out a free AAA
to a person when they sign up a new customer,
for an incentive. I think you could boost your sales quite a bit if you did this, and
with little or no risk, or extra investment
involved.
grin.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bigwuss:
Peter, maybie you could put together some literature and send it out to CPF'ers who are
willing, so they can go to their local sporting goods store, and get them interested in your products. I would be willing to do this for you because you are
a nice guy, and I think your products are
superior to any other led lights out there,
but maybie you could send out a free AAA
to a person when they sign up a new customer,
for an incentive. I think you could boost your sales quite a bit if you did this, and
with little or no risk, or extra investment
involved.
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea. I will talk to our artist about this..

Peter

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the time being, I would like to know which ones if any, brick and mortar stores currently carry the arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.