EAGTAC        

Thread: Free Kittens!

Default Free Kittens!

Recently a stray cat started hanging out by our house, so I put food out for her every day. A few weeks ago it became obvious that she was preggers so we decided to adopt her. Took her to the vet and all that, brought her home, and waited.

There are few things in this world as beautiful as the birthing process. Here are some before, during, and after pictures.

A few minutes before birthing began

The firstborn

All five of the kittens. I think the one in the middle looks like Tigger.

Want to buy Tektite and Tekna lights and parts. PM me with what you have.

Default Re: Free Kittens!

I love kittens, I wish I could take one....

Enlightened

I hear you Nikon. We somehow got adopted by a stray on Monday of this week. By Tuesday she was having babies in our house.

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/Nedblog/Kittens/

Cute lil' buggas!

very adorable! wish we could take another one. we just adopted a dog at a rescue a couple of months ago.
    the mother looks as furry as our orange cat.
    lots of luck with them.

Out of curiousity, what are you going to do with the 5 kittens?

Flashaholic*

I don't like cats but dang, they're cute.

Some of the posts of this thread have been removed. The reason is that they took the thread into a different direction than intended, and currupts the spirit of the thread. This post too, is damaging to the thread, but I ask that you pass over this one post without directing additional comments toward it.

It seems that some think threads about cats or kittens must contain cruelty or comments about eating them, just in case there are some that can't understand what has been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by BargainMonkey
    I hear you Nikon. We somehow got adopted by a stray on Monday of this week. By Tuesday she was having babies in our house.

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/Nedblog/Kittens/
    Your pictures are great. Feel free to post some of them here if you wish.

Anyone else got petbaby pics they'd like to share?

Quote Originally Posted by NAW
    Out of curiousity, what are you going to do with the 5 kittens?
    We'd like to find homes for four of them and maybe keep one. If you live in the Atlanta area you can stake your claim now.

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**

What I'm most impressed by is how the Mother cat changed colors while giving birth! First, a gray/brown and white, and then orange and white! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by jch79
    What I'm most impressed by is how the Mother cat changed colors while giving birth! First, a gray/brown and white, and then orange and white! Awesome!
    The first picture was taken in late afternoon sunlight coming in the window. The second picture was flash. The third used light from a Streamlight TL2 with an SXOH emitter. In reality, the cat is a mix of brown and grey along with the white.

The Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Sprawl

Kittens turn me into a very silly man. I hope you find good homes for them.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. -- Salvor Hardin
    Censorship is telling a man he canít have a steak just because a baby canít chew it. -- Mark Twain

What cute little kittens! Maybe they should get flashaholic-inspired names:

Fenix
    Nuwai
    Burgess
    McGizmo

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler
    What cute little kittens! Maybe they should get flashaholic-inspired names:

Fenix
    Nuwai
    Burgess
    McGizmo
    How 'bout Arc?

What a cute idea.
    Give them all flashlight related names 1st here on cpf.
    Looks like name #5 has appeared too.

I got a kitten when I was 6 years old.
    Had her for 21 years.

Flashaholic*

Nikon, as a cat lover, I say thanks for adopting the momma kitty. You gave both the mother and her kittens the best chance for survival. They sure are cute! I hope you find them loving homes.
    Aren't flashlights cool?
    Carry a flashlight, and you'll have a bright future.

lol, name them by the mods here
    if killing was legal, i would have killed countless number of people...

Awwwww!
    ;-)

Cats are cool!

Flashaholic

A word of advice, manhandle the heck out of them right from birth. Do it every day. If you have kids let them do it every day. Take them from thier naps and let them nap with you on your desk while you work.

We had a feral, spitting, hissing vicious cat get pregnant with a stray male we had taken under our wing previously. Birth came around our house about two summers ago. We had five kittens. We kept the mother trapped in our garage during the whole time she was raising kittens. We could not get near her, ever. She would hiss and spit and bite us if we got near her. Her kittens, however were a different matter. We made friends with them and handled the daylights out of them. They would rush toward us every time we came into the garage, much to the consternation of the mother. They would even hiss at us (like mom) when they were coming over to say hi. They just did not know what hissing meant. Eventually, the mom weaned the kittens and it was time for her to go. We were tired of a mean, hissing spitting biting cat in our garage. We were not about to release such an animal out into the wild to get pregnant again. We called the city animal control to come and get the mother. (They had to use a net at the end of a long pole). We kept three of the cats as pets, and sent the other two to ASPCA to be adopted. The three cat we have are the MOST well behaved, docile cats I have ever seen. You can walk up to them, turn them over on thier backs and bury your face in thier bellies with no fear whatsoever. They DO NOT bunny kick, ever. They LIKE having thier bellies rubbed. They absolutely never use thier claws on us. I would trust them with a toddler playing with them without hesitation. They are about as dangerous as a stuffed teddy bear. They are more like dogs in the way they like to be petted. I am convinced that all the manhandling conditioned them to be this way. All three of the ones we kept are very similar in temprament.

They DO NOT bunny kick,
    lol. so, that's what you call it... I think it's so cute!!! :wub: I've always loved when my cats play rough.
    Last edited by eebowler; 04-03-2007 at 02:21 PM.

The Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Sprawl

Quote Originally Posted by CodeOfLight
    A word of advice, manhandle the heck out of them right from birth. Do it every day. If you have kids let them do it every day. Take them from thier naps and let them nap with you on your desk while you work.
    Well... "manhandle" sounds a little rough, but I agree with the idea that kittens should get used to being handled by humans as early as possible.

When I was a kid, we adopted a cute wee ball of orange fuzz from the shelter. When I approached the cage, he was the first of his litter to jump up and pad over to the door to see what was going on. We always gave him lots of tactile affection - rubbing his tummy, skritching under his chin, stroking down his back all the way out his tail, and so on.

That cute wee kitten grew into a burly 22# ginger hunter cat who, while an absolute terror to rodentia and stray dogs, was gentle with people and a complete luvsponge for petting. In fact, I could pick him up with his forepaws in one hand, his hindpaws in the other and carry him around on my shoulders like a fur collar, and I could feel him purring against my neck. When he wanted to get down, he'd meow and tug one forepaw to let me know. I could carry him around in my arms tummy-up like you'd carry a human baby, and he wouldn't fuss a bit.

Socializing kittens to human contact is essential. Obviously different cats can vary in basic temperament, but lots of affectionate contact will make those kittens the best companions they can be.

Where I live now, I can't have a cat - and I really miss taking a nap, lulled to sleep by the sound of purring....
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. -- Salvor Hardin
    Censorship is telling a man he canít have a steak just because a baby canít chew it. -- Mark Twain

Flashaholic

I should modify what I said a little. DO NOT "Play fight" with the kittens. If they start that, turn away and ignore them.