Free Kittens!

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently a stray cat started hanging out by our house, so I put food out for her every day. A few weeks ago it became obvious that she was preggers so we decided to adopt her. Took her to the vet and all that, brought her home, and waited.

There are few things in this world as beautiful as the birthing process. Here are some before, during, and after pictures.

A few minutes before birthing began

MVC-001F-1.jpg

The firstborn

MVC-002F.jpg

All five of the kittens. I think the one in the middle looks like Tigger.

MVC-008F.jpg

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
very adorable! wish we could take another one. we just adopted a dog at a rescue a couple of months ago.
the mother looks as furry as our orange cat.
lots of luck with them.

NAW

Enlightened
Out of curiousity, what are you going to do with the 5 kittens?

Empath

Flashaholic
Some of the posts of this thread have been removed. The reason is that they took the thread into a different direction than intended, and currupts the spirit of the thread. This post too, is damaging to the thread, but I ask that you pass over this one post without directing additional comments toward it.

It seems that some think threads about cats or kittens must contain cruelty or comments about eating them, just in case there are some that can't understand what has been removed.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
What I'm most impressed by is how the Mother cat changed colors while giving birth! First, a gray/brown and white, and then orange and white! Awesome! :)

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch79 said:
What I'm most impressed by is how the Mother cat changed colors while giving birth! First, a gray/brown and white, and then orange and white! Awesome! :)
The first picture was taken in late afternoon sunlight coming in the window. The second picture was flash. The third used light from a Streamlight TL2 with an SXOH emitter. In reality, the cat is a mix of brown and grey along with the white.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonWrangler said:
What cute little kittens! Maybe they should get flashaholic-inspired names:

Fenix
Nuwai
Burgess
McGizmo
:)

How 'bout Arc? ;)

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a cute idea. :)
Give them all flashlight related names 1st here on cpf.
Looks like name #5 has appeared too.

I got a kitten when I was 6 years old.
Had her for 21 years. :grin2:

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nikon, as a cat lover, I say thanks for adopting the momma kitty. You gave both the mother and her kittens the best chance for survival. They sure are cute! I hope you find them loving homes.

CodeOfLight

Newly Enlightened
A word of advice, manhandle the heck out of them right from birth. Do it every day. If you have kids let them do it every day. Take them from thier naps and let them nap with you on your desk while you work.

We had a feral, spitting, hissing vicious cat get pregnant with a stray male we had taken under our wing previously. Birth came around our house about two summers ago. We had five kittens. We kept the mother trapped in our garage during the whole time she was raising kittens. We could not get near her, ever. She would hiss and spit and bite us if we got near her. Her kittens, however were a different matter. We made friends with them and handled the daylights out of them. They would rush toward us every time we came into the garage, much to the consternation of the mother. They would even hiss at us (like mom) when they were coming over to say hi. They just did not know what hissing meant. Eventually, the mom weaned the kittens and it was time for her to go. We were tired of a mean, hissing spitting biting cat in our garage. We were not about to release such an animal out into the wild to get pregnant again. We called the city animal control to come and get the mother. (They had to use a net at the end of a long pole). We kept three of the cats as pets, and sent the other two to ASPCA to be adopted. The three cat we have are the MOST well behaved, docile cats I have ever seen. You can walk up to them, turn them over on thier backs and bury your face in thier bellies with no fear whatsoever. They DO NOT bunny kick, ever. They LIKE having thier bellies rubbed. They absolutely never use thier claws on us. I would trust them with a toddler playing with them without hesitation. They are about as dangerous as a stuffed teddy bear. They are more like dogs in the way they like to be petted. I am convinced that all the manhandling conditioned them to be this way. All three of the ones we kept are very similar in temprament.