My first mod. huntlight FT02X and E1L now with SSC P4

T4R06

Enlightened
hi, it is my first mod. my huntlight FT02X brings back to life! after a year purchasing this i ididnt enjoy it because it has some problems flickering and high heat. now with SSC P4 its really rockin and its really bright.

the other one is E1L. now also with SSC P4. big difference on the beam now. before the beam is square. now big circle hotspot :)
McR20-seoul on its way...

opening the KL1 is really simple. no need to heat the bezel. i found some wrench strap on lowes that cost $14 2 pieces

same as the KL4. i managed to open very easily. but it didnt mod it. just curious what L4 looks like inside.

Big thanks to grnamin. you :rock:man

some poor video and pics
IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LDrZUmxH8M

ideefixe

Newly Enlightened
Good beamshots video. I just ordered the ft02x hoping to do the same... is it an emitter or star swap? Does the ft02x runs cooler now after the SSCP4 mod?

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice beam on that huntlight :goodjob: You will really enjoy that E1L once you put that reflector in it....I just put a Seoul in my McR-20'd KL1 head and love it! It puts out ~90 lumens out the front on one 3.7V RCR123...over twice the output now with the same runtime :)

T4R06

Enlightened
@strauss - thanks :)
i have L1D w/ 14500, L1D looks awful when comparing to huntlight
wide and brighter spill plus the smooth beam and no rings

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FT02X looks sweet now!!! I wanted to do that with my Spiderfire LR8 (very similar to the FT02X), but I failed to notice the emitter board was negative (oops) and fried both the LED and driver. Now, I'm looking for a new driver board that will fit in the LED module.

bullet.50

Newly Enlightened
I bought mine FT02X Special Edition :p at Lighthound with this led configuration and i'd like to know if I can use 3.7V RCR123?
Thanks