• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FEELER: Alternative to C-cell extensions for 2C MAG and AW's LI cells

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's that you say?? You wish you didn't have to have an extension on your 2C Mag to use AW's C cells? You prefer the stock look? You want a sleeper light?

Well Guys and Gals thanks to an idea of Nebula's I have a alternative to adding an extension to a 2C Maglite to use AW's new C Lithium Ion cells.

The mod consists of recessing the spring further into the cap and cutting down the thread end of the cap slightly. This mod will only work for a 2C. The 3C won't work. The 3C will still require an extension or a 4C cut down to the proper length. Which I can do too BTW :grin2:.

Here are a few pictures...

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

AW's cells fit perfectly this way. The only drawback is you won't be able to use the tailcap with a regular 2C Alk anymore. Not that many would I just had to mention it.

The purpose of this thread is to gauge interest in having me provide the mod service to your existing tail caps. You send me your tail cap and I mod it. I am estimating the cost of the mod to be $12 plus return shipping.

Please post your interest here in this thread.

Last edited:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, great price! Wish I had a 2C Mag to play with.

Sorry haven't had the time to call you yet MM. Just hosted a BBQ at my house for my wife's family from the UK.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lips said:
Will you do tail-caps we already have...

FiveMega anodized deep tail-caps that won't work with the new C batteries...

Thanks

Are you providing the tailcaps?

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lips said:

Thanks

Yes, that's the idea. I won't be providing the tail caps.

And yes I could certainly modify the FM deep tail caps in a similar manner to work with the C cells. You would just need a stock Mag spring. In fact you could leave the FM spring in place and it wouldn't be a problem it at all. Then should the need arise you just pull the Mag spring out and you can go back to 18650s. :)

Last edited:

Nebula

Enlightened
Lips - Yes, I believe that is the plan. Oh, and one other nice thing about this mod is that by using the stock TC, you can still revert back to using FM's extended TC and 18650s as back up. Since most of FM's C lights were sold with the stock TC, there should be plenty of them around. This will allow you to keep the FM extended TC stock.

Lips said:

Thanks

Last edited:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nebula said:
Since most of FM's C lights were sold with the stock TC, there should be plenty of them around.

That's true Nebula but FM also sold a ton of extended tail caps by themselves, not just with complete lights.

Nebula

Enlightened
Tis true. It was late when I typed that and clearly I forgot about all the gun metal, nickel and gold extended tailcaps that FM sold.
icon11.gif

Mirage_Man said:
That's true Nebula but FM also sold a ton of extended tail caps by themselves, not just with complete lights.

big beam

Enlightened
Hi MM
How about doing a run of 3.25 cut downs in that beautiful HA III you did a while back!!! I have one of FM's 3 C's but I don't like the look of the ext AW made.

A stock 3.25 3 C in HA :rock:
I could always sell my FM 3C on BST
DON

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using the AW extension on a peuter 2C, where it doesn't look too awful.
It wouldn't look so good on a black or purple one though.

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Would it still be possible to fit the spare rop lamp in the tailcap?#

from the second pic, it looks likeit may squeeze in there, but I dont know how much the spring compresses.

Nice mod.

Last edited:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raoul_Duke said:
Would it still be possible to fit the spare rop lamp in the tailcap?

from the second pic, it looks likeit may squeeze in there, but I dont know how much the spring compresses.

Nice mod.

The spring really only compresses to just about even with the threaded end of the tail cap. It might fit but without one to pop in there I can't say for sure.