Cree response to Luxeon Rebel?

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I can't wait! 180 lumens, typical, at 350ma, in a package 4x smaller than the XR-E series! Sounds like we'll be in keychain light heaven!

Burgess

Flashaholic
Good find, PEU.

Excellent sleuthing !

goodjob.gif

Anybody know what this means to us ?

And why the secrecy ?

They pulled their OWN press release after only a few hours.

Hmmm . . . .

(said to myself, deep in thought)

popcorn.gif

Mel_PL

Newly Enlightened
PEU said:
Browsing the Cree site a few hours ago I found this press release but it was removed quickly after. By the time I didn't searched CPF for a post about it, but now that I did I found none, so I searched my browser cache and hosted it at my site.

Pablo

April Fools?

-- M.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
225lumens @ 350mA sounds like a breakthrough in efficiency/brightness yet there is no mention of it being a breakthrough in this press release... april fools?

bascerballer4

Newly Enlightened
I think I saw that press release yesterday. I wasn't too sure if it was true because of the high lumens the XR-M produced, so I ignored it. Maybe it's something in the future they'll probably come out with. They're probably waiting for customers to buy all the XR-E before they release their new product, the XR-M. No doubt its a response to the Luxeon Rebel. I'm having second things on Luxeon Rebel for my DIY project.

Last edited:

beefy6969

Newly Enlightened
oh noess...the never ending cycle of upgrading my lights again!

I liquidated all my Luxeon III lights. Don't tell me I have to dump all my XR-E lights now too? The average joe still don't even know what a CREE is or even seen one.

This is insane i tell you. A terrible disease. But I love it!

beefy6969

Newly Enlightened
Whoa, the press release has a toll free (800) number for more information. Someone be the brave seoul and call. PLease!

Also, why are their stocks going nowhere? With all the news in the last couple months, you figure it would skyrocket. Its been stagnant the last 6mo. Wierd.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice find PEU

:drool: OOOH Nanotech!
CREE Press Room said:
Key to this new product is a new patent on V-shaped nanotechnology micropits for GaN-based LED"

Just spotted an problem on the link page, the web page is labeled for the XR-C at the top of the window and in the last paragraph it says these are a forward looking statements. It may just be covering bases due to Cree being public traded company but something isnt right with this.

Last edited:

Nic

Newly Enlightened
Peu: Nice April fool joke ... you did a good job in editing ... sounds quite convincing ...

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both Cree & SSC have been making mutterings about an XRE with double the lumens of a P3 bin by early 2008. So by 2008 April 01 this may no longer be a joke. PEU just posted the press release a year ahead of schedule.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
PEU said:
Browsing the Cree site a few hours ago I found this press release but it was removed quickly after. By the time I didn't searched CPF for a post about it, but now that I did I found none, so I searched my browser cache and hosted it at my site.

Pablo

The press release should have a date of 4/1 for more poetic justice :nana:

tebore said:
What the hell is the deal with their stock?

I hope Seoul adopts their new die soon. Hello 170lm HDS! or a 240lm:drool:
Read their annual report.

The percentage of revenue they derive from their high power LED's pale in comparison to what they get for the smaller cell phone lcd backlighting. This will change in due time but I wouldn't touch their stock just because I think they make great high output LED's.

Last edited:

xiaowenzu

Banned
What do you think would happen if I pumped $5 billion bucks into their LED development sector? Do you think we'd have a 240 lumen cree by next week. I THINK YES! :D Man, if I was Bill Gates, that's what I do! Actually I'd buyout Cree and NovaTac and get them to make awesome flashlights for civilians. :D

If that was the case, we'd likely have a 1200 Lumen HDS by the end of the month. Imagine that! :drool:

Last edited:

Latest posts