jetbeam mkIIx at DX now

adnj

Enlightened
You get a big Thanks! from me. I'm in for one. I've been interested in trying it out.

CostcoAAcells

Newly Enlightened
Please excuse my ignorance. Who or what is Dealextreme? If I were to buy the Jetbeam MKIIx from them, do I take up my warranty issues with them rather than Jetbeam? Are they located in the U.S.A.?

Last year I bought the Jetbeam MKI directly from Jetbeam. When it didn't work out of the box, I emailed Emil and didn't get a reply. Fortunately I was able to work out the issue by tinkering with the tailcap on my own. That, to me, was a close call--I probably would have had to send it back overseas back to Emillion if I didn't get it working, and that's if I'd ever be able to get an email reply to my problem.

The only way I'd ever buy a Jetbeam again is if I can deal with a reseller in the U.S.A. who will fix any warranty concerns that might come up. They are really nice lights, when they're not scaring me. Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

- Frank

greenstuffs

Banned
If you were concerned about warranties then don't buy a jetbeam lately jetbeams are known for having an awefull warranty, a lot of owners feel being ignored by Emilion. Is more like a gamble on the jetbeams.
They are nice lights if you get a good one if not... you'll have an expensive paperweight.

BESIDES I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR MISSING THE REXLIGHT 2.0 with these lights now, i bet next wave will be even cheaper.

CostcoAAcells said:
Please excuse my ignorance. Who or what is Dealextreme? If I were to buy the Jetbeam MKIIx from them, do I take up my warranty issues with them rather than Jetbeam? Are they located in the U.S.A.?

Last year I bought the Jetbeam MKI directly from Jetbeam. When it didn't work out of the box, I emailed Emil and didn't get a reply. Fortunately I was able to work out the issue by tinkering with the tailcap on my own. That, to me, was a close call--I probably would have had to send it back overseas back to Emillion if I didn't get it working, and that's if I'd ever be able to get an email reply to my problem.

The only way I'd ever buy a Jetbeam again is if I can deal with a reseller in the U.S.A. who will fix any warranty concerns that might come up. They are really nice lights, when they're not scaring me. Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

- Frank

NetKidz

Enlightened
WOW! Another great deal!

BTW, there's a small spring soldered on the head PCB from the photo. (My MK.II X didn't have it) I think this fixed the problem using the MK.II CR123 tube. :)

sclemin1

Newly Enlightened
Emilion said:
To be very honest, better wait until MAY.

Do you care to explain that with more detail?
What's up with the spring in the head, my MKII-X doesn't have that.

Love my MKII-X, best single AA light I have.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Please explain Emilion. I'm very trempted, but after your post and the known problems lately, I can wait. It's not like I have no lights...

LA OZ

Enlightened
Oh man there are so many nice lights coming out that I have to come up with a another reason to buy more AA lights.

So who going to buy the expensive Fenix L1D CE?

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered it, wished I could have used points but didn't see how to redeem. Using points should have started today (April 1, 2007)

adnj

Enlightened
This caught my eye:

spacer.gif
- Each JetBeam MK.II X light features an unique factory serial number
- Features CREE 7090 XR-E P4 emitter
- JetBeam Model: MK.II X
- Switch: clicky-type non-reverse on/off
- Textured aluminum reflector
- Sapphire crystal lens
- T6061 aviation grade aluminum body construction
- HA-III body finish
- 10-meter water proof (JetBeam claimed)