Flickering Fenix

6010 nsk

Newly Enlightened
Have had my Fenix L1P about a year been EDCd most of that time. Numerous drops. It has recently started not turning on until I tap it in my hand and flickering when on. Anyone have any insight ? What are comparable 1 AA lights for about the same price ? Thanks - Andy

flyingbrass

Newly Enlightened
I recently had a case of the flickers with both my Nite-Ize Minimag and a Dorcy 3D. The Mag worked if I smacked it around. I cleaned the tailcap threads. It has been fine since.

A week later my Dorcy acted up. It didn't go out completely but had an obvious, annoying flicker. Everything looked clean. I wiped off the tailcap threads with a paper towel. No change. Then I cleaned them well with alcohol, which solved the problem.

LED lights seem extremely sensitive to marginal connections.

Last edited:

smknman

Newly Enlightened
My brand new l1d-ce flickers with slightly depleted cells, still enough juice for all levels of regulation to work, but flickers all the same after an hour or so of use. This is on NiMH 2000m Ah rayovacs that I've had for 3 to 5 years so I'm not stressing it untill I try new cells.

moontroll

Newly Enlightened
Mine started flickering after I lubed the O ring in the head.Clean the head of the tube and the and the lights contact point with alcohol and a Q tip.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's due for a cleanup and lube,
at the same time try and tighten the tailcap retaining ring
it fixed mine

6010 nsk

Newly Enlightened
no dice , it is in the head somehow. I tested it more than once and it is in the head.

Last edited:

moontroll

Newly Enlightened
Did you clean the outside of the head(shinny metal diameter)and where it connects to the body.Same on the tail end,tighten the retainer holding the spring.take tail spring out and clean everything,try a different battery.And clean the Copper contacts in the head. If you did and nothing works I would contact the place you bought it from.

6010 nsk

Newly Enlightened
I think Ive had it more than a year so I dont think anyone would be willing to help out with it. I think I bought it from Lighthound.....

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
6010 nsk said:
I think Ive had it more than a year so I dont think anyone would be willing to help out with it. I think I bought it from Lighthound.....

If you're really dissatisfied, lighthound will do you right, they did to me.
But you might want to upgrade now anyways with a new light, the new cree and seoul lights are so much better in performance that it's not even funny!
And there are PLENTY of options to choose among.

6010 nsk

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Lobo. I think I have found a suitable temp replacement. The pentagon Molle light. I really like it so far.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast