ARC AAA version 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I'm new to the forum serched the archives but could not find an answer to my question which is......Can anyone tell me how to tell the difference between version 2.x and 3.0

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome, sir. Actually you`re on the wrong side (this is a LED topic) but until one of our friendly Moderators comes by, I`ll help you out.

The main distinguishing features of Version 3.0 Arc-AAA are the Level-3 Hard Anodise finish, it`s not quite as jet-black as the older finish, having an almost charcoal-look to it in some lights. It is very hard wearing indeed. The knurling is a little softer too but it`s hard to tell without having old and new side by side.
Secondly the insides- threads and battery compartment- are finished in "Chemkote", a gold tinted coating that improves electrical conductivity and inhibits oxidisation- the result is less flickering due to contamination.
Finally the foam battery retainer ring is black, not grey, and a slightly more firm and durable material.

How do you tell just by looking at one in the packaging? Hmmm, well asides from the slightly charcoal-colour, it`s hard. Suffice to say that most brand new Arcs from the Arc site and may of the dealers will be the v3.0.

grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.