Filter Compatability

flash_bang

Enlightened
I was thinking of getting an A2, but the price is very big put off for me :awman:
so I was thinking maybe I should get the current L1. It has one cell, so great for draining cells that I have used in my G2, and it has very low setting and a medium bright setting. I was thinking that I would get a white L1, then red and blue filters (too bad they don't have green filters), and then just switching them for the job at hand. I looked on some other sites and saw that the same filter that fits the executive series, also fits the L1 and A2, is this true? I think it would be a better sale for me (and people that are buying it for me) to get the L1 with a couple filters, rather than a 200$ light. I think the L1 might be better for me due to the dual output, ability to use filters can have red high OR low as well as blue high and low, kind of like a KROMA. Will the red filter really cut down output from the led? I've heard that there isn't much red range output from led's. Any comments, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Flash

waterboiler

Newly Enlightened
My F05 ( Red IIRC ) really kills the outputs from my LEDs. The L1 on low is useless in all but total darkess and only if held up to the object you want to illuminate. On high it is almost usable but its trademark throw is all but gone. Same story on the L2, a total waste on low. The high is only o.k., but I keep my filters for incans. A red filter on my M3T makes a great red beam but is probably bright enough to hurt night vision.

I stick to red filters on 2 cell incans, best compomise of usability and night vision. I too have debated a Kroma for decent LED runtimes but can not get over the price with the new CREEs on the horizon.

flash_bang

Enlightened
hmmm, okay! Then I think I'll go with upgrading my G2 for the time being. I'll prolly go with a HAIII black clickie tailcap, maybe a shock isolated bezel and a red filter. Any one know the size of the shock isolated bezel? z33 I think...
have a good one!
Flash