MUST SEE>>>> Gladius / H2X mods- Incredible!!! Seoul-Mated

waynejitsu

Enlightened
I recently recieved 2 lights I sent to Gladiusx1 for modding my 2 brand new Insight Technology H2X lights, (same as the Blackhawk Gladius)

He modded both with a Seoul P4, one was a WO and one was a VO.
Both are very nice and look like new, no marks, no trash in the reflectors, glass clean, no marring, scratches, etc.

The WO has a very very small bluish tint when compared with the VO, but unless side by side it is not noticable at all and when grabbing one of the lights, you can not tell which is which. (I prefer the WO)

Both are A+ mods!!!

The low goes to a low, low light for getting out of bed at 3am and the high is absolutely incredible!!!

I "test" my lights throw by how well they light up the carport at the "empty" house across the street and these mods light it up with ease.

Another "test" I like is lighting up the tree tops at night.
Not only did they light them up, but it looked like daylight!!!

With that in mind, I decided to try to light up the tree tops a bit down the road.
Well, if you had a cat lost, you could find it with this light.

Another thing I like is the spill beam. You can actually light up a room with it.
So, not only great throw, but you get spill as well. The transition from throw to spill is very smooth as well.

There was one "problem", that was that the lights got lost in the mail for a few weeks.

To Gladius1's credit, he had the lights tracked and stayed in constant contact via PM and email, contacted the post office for me (the sender has to do that part), and was very helpfull in getting the lights to me.

Bottom line-

1- Great, professional mods that look as good as factory lights.

2- Very fast, good communication, professional.

3- Very fast turn around on the mods, it was not weeks, but a matter of hours before the lights were on their way back.

4- Price was very reasonable for the mods recieved.

I would encourage anyone with a Gladius, H2X (or HDS recently added to the mod line too!) to contact Gladiusx1 for an upgrade to an already great light.
If you like your Gladius and think it is a great light now..., just wait until you get this mod!!!

WOW!!! that is all you can say when you click it on for the first time...,
I am still saying WOW!!! several days later!

This is a 5 Star Mod and a "must have" for anyone with one of these great lights.

To get one, try this link and get one while you can still get one-
Don't wait until it is too late, then wind up kicking yourself for missing out.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/158819

Last edited:

Enlightened
Re: Gladius / H2X mods- Incredible!!! Seoul-Mated

Looks like I might have to go with Mike afterall. I tried finding someone local (no offense Mike) to do a similiar mod because I hate dealing with out of the country shipping. I hate extended shipping times. I'll probably end up buying an Insight H2X and sending it to him for the mod and keeping my Gladius (ceramic finish) untouched just for keepsake and as backup.

waynejitsu

Enlightened

Do it, you won't be sorry!

If you do not like it, I will buy it from you!
Just tell him you want WO Seouls and the light will be "Killer":)

Tom Slick

Newly Enlightened

waynejitsu said:
Do it, you won't be sorry!

If you do not like it, I will buy it from you!
Just tell him you want WO Seouls and the light will be "Killer":)
I too had my Gladius modded by Mike (GladiusX1) and I'm 100% with waynejitsu. This mod put my Gladius back into my number 1 spot for my duty light as a LEO.

Very professional in all respects and a job well done Mike!

Tom

photon555

Newly Enlightened

Hi, please excuse my ignorance, but what is the lumen output of a Seoul P4, and is the VO a warmer tint. I have a Gladius and it seems to throw forever, but with a narrow beam.

Jim

city cop

Newly Enlightened

How do I get a hold of Mike ? :popcorn:

JohnF

Enlightened

I got my 'early' Gladius back from Mike yesterday, one week after I sent it off to him - fantastic turnaround. It had been sitting in a drawer for a year or so because, well, it just didn't have the punch of some of my newer lights with Crees & Seouls.

Now, the Gladius blows them all away. Plus, it has the lowest-low for not ruining night vision (or waking the wife) when wanted. The strobe actually bothers me now, and I'm not on the business end of it.

Great mod, and great workmanship.

John F
LV, NV

waynejitsu

Enlightened

photon555 said:
Hi, please excuse my ignorance, but what is the lumen output of a Seoul P4, and is the VO a warmer tint. I have a Gladius and it seems to throw forever, but with a narrow beam.

Jim

Go to the link I posted and ask GLADIUSX1
He can give you all of the specs and such:)

All I know is it is nice and it is bright (to say the least!!)

Lambert

Newly Enlightened

Does anybody make CREE/Seoul drop-ins for the Gladius? I might try the mod myself if it's easy to do.

waynejitsu

Enlightened

None that I know of. I think the LED is soldered in.
Even if one was made that you "could" drop in, it would still be at least this price.

This is a turn key mod, send it in, get it back ready to go.
The best $40 I have spent in a long time.

Lambert

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have beam shot comparisons of before/after? Also since the LED is soldered in how is the alignment after the mod? Is the beam still uniform and artifact free?

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Lambert said:
Anyone have beam shot comparisons of before/after? Also since the LED is soldered in how is the alignment after the mod? Is the beam still uniform and artifact free?

I have had 2 mods already and they came out just like new, including the alignment, the beam still uniform and artifact free and I sent another light today to get modded... YES!!!

Here is a link for beam shots, etc, etc. (you may have to copy/paste)

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/153447

It is much better in person!!

Lambert

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the link, however after seeing the beamshots I think I'll pass. IMO the mod has changed the beam pattern too much for my liking. It's now a gradually diffused spot instead of the tight hotspot inside of a light wide clearly defined corona characteristic of the stock Gladius. I think I'll stay stock for now and wait for a redesigned Gladius with a revised reflector to match the higher output LED. Hopefully NightOps releases an upgraded version soon with a lower brightness setting to match.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Lambert said:
Thanks for the link, however after seeing the beamshots I think I'll pass. IMO the mod has changed the beam pattern too much for my liking. It's now a gradually diffused spot instead of the tight hotspot inside of a light wide clearly defined corona characteristic of the stock Gladius. I think I'll stay stock for now and wait for a redesigned Gladius with a revised reflector to match the higher output LED. Hopefully NightOps releases an upgraded version soon with a lower brightness setting to match.

I don't know about the pics, but I have 2 that I had modded by Gladius1, 1 Gladius is stock and 1 is a milky mod.

The 2 that Gladius1 modded are just like the stock beam, just a LOT brighter.
I know this because out of the 4 I have, I kept one stock, just to compare the meams, patterns, spill, spot, etc, etc.
The low is just as low as stock and the high is HIGH!!

If I could only have 1 modded light, this would be it. I liked the UI, style, etc of these lights before the mod, now I love them, they are just perfect!!

As folks get their lights back, maybe they can join in and give their thoughts on this mod.

IMO, the very best bang for the buck going for lights..., now if I could get a mechanic for my cars that do this kind of work!!

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lambert said:

Hello Lambert

The modded gladius will crush a stock gladius. The IMS reflectors have a little difference in them from one to the other so... The beam is much more powerfull + extra throw with a very nice beam. The low is very low too, very close to stock and about as good as it gets...

For $40 it's a no-brainer upgrade for me... New life to the Gladius :thumbsup:

Lambert

Newly Enlightened
Does this mod compromise the waterproof integrity of the flashlight? Are the seals unglued in the process?