streamlight

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
vic2367 said:
are these good lights ? was looking at the task light3AA led,,,any opionions ?

I don't have first hand knowledge of this particular light, but Streamlight is a major manufacturer with a solid reputation. I do own other Streamlight models that I've been happy with.

Flashlight Reviews gives TaskLight 3AA Lux a favorable review and a four-star rating:
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/streamlight_tasklux.htm

My opinion is that this light is rather outdated. Although it's still a decent light, you might be better off spending the same amount of money on a light with a newer design.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a very solid light with a switch on the body which is great!
However, output would be surpassed by the 2xAA MagLED. It's maybe a small step above one of those old 1 watt 2xAA Dorcys that look like a larger version of their 1xAAA lights. Beam is a bit ringy too. If Streamlight would update the light, it would be a solid performer.

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
vic2367 said:
are these good lights ?
Yes, Streamlight makes good lights. I have a Scorpion which I like very much -- bright, good beam quality, solid, etc. A lot of people like the Twin Tasks and the Tactical Hand-Held lights, especially the TL-3. The rechargeable lights, such as the Strion and Stinger, are also generally held in high regard.

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
I have both the 3xAA and 2xAA models. The 3xAA works great but the 2xAA seems to drain the batteries even when it's no on.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my TL-3. I have an upgraded bulb in mine along with a pair of li-ion rechargables, 225-250 lumens out the front.....it's my best "pocket-rocket" :)

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
vic2367 said:
thanks all ...i think im gonna pick this one up,,,whats a good upgrade bulb ?

If this light is anything like my SL TL 2AA, which looks similar to it, it is not an easily modifiable light.

The heads of these lights are extremely difficult to remove to access the emitter and electronics.

If you want a modifiable light, pick something else.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
vic2367 said:
hey lit up...are u saying that the mini mag 2 AA outshines the tl-3 ?

The MiniMagLED 2AA is much brighter than this light - nearly twice as bright. The Mag also has twice the effective throw of the SL TL 3AA.

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
ringzero said:
The MiniMagLED 2AA is much brighter than this light - nearly twice as bright. The Mag also has twice the effective throw of the SL TL 3AA..
I think vic2367 was asking about the TL-3, not the Task-Light 3AA Luxeon. These are two very different lights.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
GeorgePaul said:
I think vic2367 was asking about the TL-3, not the Task-Light 3AA Luxeon. These are two very different lights.

Oooops... My bad.

Thanks for straightening things out GeorgePaul.

Good to see some positive comments on Streamlight here. One could be forgiven for thinking this fourum is Surefire-centric. I have a Stinger LED and it is a great light.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lights that Streamlight has produced for the public safety arena are legendary in their performance and durabilitly. However, more recently, Streamlight has been importing a significant number of lights that are marketed more for the consumer market and those tend to be hit and miss insofar as overall quality.

vic2367 said:
are these good lights ? was looking at the task light3AA led,,,any opionions ?

emitter

Newly Enlightened
The SL propolymer 1 watt luxeon 4AA and 3C are 2 of the best lux i lights you can get. Flat regulation, widely available cells, tough construction with safety ratings. They are for people who get work done like maintenance crews. For the money the 3aa luxeon task light is kind of old school at this point. Get the 4aa Propoly luxeon, it has way better range and better overall output, for over 4 hours flat, and costs about $34. The reflector module has a tendency to fall out and the threads are plastic and get a little worn, but these are not major issues if you're carefull.

/\/

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
emitter said:
The SL propolymer 1 watt luxeon 4AA and 3C are 2 of the best lux i lights you can get...For the money the 3aa luxeon task light is kind of old school at this point. Get the 4aa Propoly luxeon, it has way better range and better overall output, for over 4 hours flat, and costs about $34.

+1

For about the same price as the SL TL 3AA, the SL PP 4AA Luxeon and SL PP 3C Luxeon are MUCH better deals.

Carefully consider these other Streamlight models before getting the SL TaskLight 3AA.

Latest posts