Arc LS - Has anyone noticed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joker354

Newly Enlightened
Just got my Arc LS 2nd in the mail yesterday and noticed that the 123 batt compartment was extremely difficult to turn with my Surefire 123 batt. I talked to Peter over the phone and he said that I could try a different batery or take the foam ring out of the head.

Well, I decided to remove the foam ring from the head and it worked fine and that's when I noticed something very cool...

I noticed that when I tighten the body to the right position i can press the head into the body and it acts like a momentary switch. It' as easy, for me, as pushing a tail cap button or side button. The body rests up against my palm and I use my thumb and forefinger to gently pull the head into the body.

I'm sure someone has noticed this before, but I haven't seen it mentioned. It's pretty cool.

Oh, and I thickened the wall of the batteries to lessen the rattling from removing the foam ring.

Anyways, give it a try and see what ya think...

Eric.

joker354

Newly Enlightened
yes, they will. I built up the side of the batteries a bit to minimize the rattling.

If your LS works perfectly fine with the foam ring in place than you might just want to leave it. I felt it necessary to take it out of mine, because it allowed the 123 batt compartment to fit secure better to the head. If I didn't have the problem with the etreme tightness of the 123 batt comp. than I would have left it alone.

Eric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts