Inova T4 on .22 Rimfire

sideswipe

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I've become quite interested recently in mounting a T4 on my rifle for a spot of night time hunting. I would really like to clamp it to the scope so that it is easily detachable. However, I have a couple of questions first.

1. Will it deal with the recoil ok? I know there are dedicated gun lights available, but I'd like to use what I already have.

2. Any idea what the best mounting would be? There are "figure 8" style scope mounts around, are these any good?

3. Does it have adverse effects on scope zero/scope life? I'm not talking about hugely expensive optics here, this is going to be a budget outfit.

If anyone here here has tried this or a similar idea, I would love to hear how it performs/see some pics. I'm in the UK so website links are appreciated.

Thanks

riffraff

Enlightened
I wouldn't think recoil from a .22 would bother a T4. Don't know for sure, though.

But...I didn't think they allowed you Brits to have firearms anymore?

pilou

Enlightened
I think all T series Inovas are designed to deal with gun recoil. Considering that a .22 has no recoil worth mentioing, it should be fine.

Last edited:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should be fine with the recoil from a .22. As for Scope mounts, they are made for the Surefire M4 devastator as it has a 1" tube. I believe the T4 does as well. You might check surefire's site, as well as Midway and Sportsmans' Guide.

Good luck!

sideswipe

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies I'll check out those options.

Riffraff - You're not far wrong. They are slowly squeezing us. However, there's still room on this little isle for a few bunny bashers! I have the light already so it seems a shame not to try it out.