New 5 Watt LED Product

I W. Cumming

Newly Enlightened
I have invented a new Product using 1 Watt - 5 Watt LED's,(Lumiled, Cree, Edison-Opto) 12 Volts-24 Volt range, waterproof, multiple optical options and has a 50,000 hour rating with a manufactures one year warranty.

This product has taken me over 7 months to develop and has had incredible response with just the prototype versions. Heatsinks are easy to make when addapting or retrofitting current light fixture housings or it will come with a Heatsink nut that screws on the back.

Endless applications, incredible design, can anyone give me any ideas how to best go about marketing this product?

I can e-mail pictures to whom ever is interested.

Thank You,

Ian

Last edited:

SemiMan

Banned
No offence, but you have just described the product lines of numerous companies .... perhaps they would be a good place to start. Look at what they are doing successfully.

Semiman

I W. Cumming

Newly Enlightened
No offense taken, if I could figure out how to attach a photo It could probably help illustrate my question better.

Thank you for your time,

Ian

Daekar

Enlightened
I don't know if you can upload an image to the forum itself - you'd have to upload it to a place like photobucket and then use the little button that looks like a mountain with a sun in the sky to insert the picture into your post. Or just post links to the location where you've uploaded it...

btw - if you want more response on these forums, give more information, ie. what is the body made of? Is it O-ring sealed? What kind of lenses are available? Reflectors smooth/orange-peel..? can you put an aspherical lense on it for throw? Is it focusable? What kind of batteries are you running? We crave details - if it's a customizable light with many different options that fit together, that's usually referred to as a lego light - let us know! :)

P.S. As for marketing, it depends on what kind of volume and quality you're seeking. If you're making these things yourself in small batches, this place is a perfect launchpad - the people here will tell you straight what they like and what they don't like, we're a guaranteed enthusiastic market, and if your light products are good enough to warrant attention, there will probably be some third-party testing done to see what kind of light output there is, what kind of throw is available, battery life, etc. We're a tough crowd but we always like to see more lights!

Last edited:

I W. Cumming

Newly Enlightened
This light was designed and intended for the OEM Marine Manufacturer Industry, after designed we realized that there are so many 12 volt - 24 volt applications that the product was refined to a point that anyone could implement it.

The product has threaded rim with o ring, that holds various optics, 5 degree to 110 degree, and the LED has been potted in epoxy, approximately 1.5" long and the body is also threaded M27 1.5 thread, so the Heatsink nut can be screwed on or it can be threaded into a Heatsink housing or body, all circuitry is in the back of the cup wich is also been potted in epoxy. Totally waterproof, easy to implement.

Currently interested manufactures and retailers include, Econolite, SPJ lighting, Orvac Electronics, Eliminator Boats,. The product will be at the Light fair 2007 in Retrofitted Landscape Lighting for SPJ lighting, I am very excited about the potential.

I am thinking that after the Light Fair 2007 in May, that my company will have a much better picture of the potential business and applications, or so I really hope.

Marketing is a very big undertaking and I have a hard time focusing on one thing for to long. So any help is very very appreciated, i will work on the pictures.

Ian

SQ40

Newly Enlightened
Please show us a Picture of a completed unit, a photo of the light beam and include the lumen output, battery configuration and run-time.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Until you have more permanent posting, just go HERE, upload your pictures, and copy/paste the URL into your post. It doesn't get any easier.