Wolf Eyes Led Tailcap

GreySave

Enlightened
Looking for opinions on the white and red LED tailcaps for Wolf Eyes products. I am curious to know what you think of their output in terms of beam quality and style (flood versus narrow spot, etc...). Always curious to hear opinions before making a new purchase.

Alan

Effulgence

Newly Enlightened
I have the red LED tailcap from for the WE M90. It has 4 leds, nothing fancy. It's mostly flood, pretty dim, but can light up a dark room just fine to see around. It looks like 5mm LEDs and no reflector. It's a twisty, but I found that if you twist it down right before it turns on, you can depress the tailcap and get a momentary feature (for the main and tail light). BTW, It's probably not recommended to do this, since it is a twisty afterall.

Overall, it's a nice feature, but I prefer the clicky tailcap that comes stock since I already have a backup light with another set of batteries. It's good if you carry just one light I suppose, but who on CPF does just the bare minimum. :grin2: Also, the LED tailcap is a tad fatter than the clicky tailcap.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the white Led tailcap on a 9volt raider. It's great for indoor or in the car. Not too bright- but enought for close work.

GreySave

Enlightened
This is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. Just bright enough for close work / moving about / reading without blinding myself. And yes, like most of you I have at least two lights on me at all times and more than that if we are activated for anything. I just like the idea of having the soft light on one end and 300+ of lumens factory bulb out the other if needed. "Flood" was the one word I really wanted to hear, and that seems to be the case. I guess Mike at PTS is going to suck a few more dollars out of me.....:broke:

edited for spelling

Last edited:

tomcat017

Enlightened
I have the red LED cap on my 6M explorer. Unfortunately, it's a bit too dim to do much of anything. I have to hold it within 2-3 inches of what I'm looking at to get any significant effect. And the extra width does make it a little harder to remove from the holster. But maybe it is better on the primaries version (a ful 6V) or the 9V. It's definitly a good idea....

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a UV , white and green. The Green is a little brighter and overdriven compared to my beloved A2 Green LEDs. The UV is not as bright.

GreySave

Enlightened
A quick update. I purchased a white and red LED tail cap from Mike at PTS. The red one was dead on arrival, but Mike's outstanding service had another in route the same day that I contacted him.

The white tail cap puts out a nice medium sized spot that carries decent throw considering that there is no reflector. There is also moderately bright wide side spill with some rings at the outer limits of the spill. The beam pattern is expectedly not as clean as that of an A2, but the addition of the tail cap does provide much of the same utility.

The red LED tail cap has a spot that is a bit tighter and the side spill is dimmer than the white. It looks a lot like the beam shots from the A2 red LED output.

I am very happy with both of these. Output is decent and while the beams may not be A2 quality, they come at a far cheaper price and help to turn the Wolf-Eyes lights into more of a light system (Mix and match components from lamp assemblies to tail caps to meet your current needs). Please keep in mind that I am using a 9D Raider body and that your results on a different body using less or more cells may be different.

Thanx again to those who replied.

JKL

Enlightened
I have the white LED tailcap on my 6M explorer. Unfortunately, it's a too dim,on a 9volt raider body enought for close work and indoor.:candle:

Last edited:

SoundMix

Newly Enlightened
Do the tailcaps work with LED versions of the Wolf Eyes lights or only the incandescent?

Last edited: