• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Looking for a 2 C M@G mod

jaybiz32

Enlightened
I was looking to see if anyone had any good leads on anyone dong 2C M@G Mods with higher output bulbs. I see some of the super bulbs that only get about 10-20 min plus get super hot. I was looking for a happy medium with around 30-60 min run time around 1000 or more lumen output. Any hep or links would be appreciated.

Plus any really cool Surefire mods I would love to hear about.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hrmm... I don't think a 2C will be able to give 1000 lumens for an hour.

The ROP LE Low gives about an hour. It uses the low beam bulb from the Big D package and 2 18650 cells. You have to remove the spring and the anodize from the inside of the tailcap and use one or two neodymium magnets to make contact in the tailcap. I've used my stock reflector (that I sputtered) for over a year and it hasn't deformed. I've used it countless times for about 10 minutes at a time. Some have reported needing to use an aluminum reflector for longer runtimes. I do use a UCL though. I think it's about 400 lumens.

And the Streamlight TL3 is about 200 lumens and gets about an hour on 2 protected 17500 cells in an even smaller package.

I'd definately consider anything in the 1000 lumen range to be full blooded hotwire territory. And you'll probably see 20 minute runtimes unless you go to somethink like a 6D form factor. The Mag74 works in a 2D and might get a bit over a half hour of runtime... But I think it's ~700 lumens maybe.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The closest I know is Mag 1111 powered by 2 "C" li-ion for 800+ lumens for about 1hr, that is the setup I have and it rocks!

AlexGT

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy jaybiz32, welcome to CPF. Keep asking questions and checking out the various forums and I'm sure you will begin to find some lights that interest you. Have fun! :)

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi jaybiz32 and welcome in CPF forum!!:grin2:

I also think (like cratz2) that it is very difficult to find a mag2C mod with 30-60minutes of runtime and an output of 1000lumens...

but I find this thread:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/158647&highlight=mag11
where "northern lights" sold a mag2C MOD with 1448 output lumen but I don't know the runtime...(may be under 1h..:whistle: )

vbmenu_register("postmenu_1929654", true);

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you do the simple low resistance mods and go with a pair of C sized li-ions and the ROP HI bulb you could expect an initial 1150 bulb lumens (750 torch lumens out the front after optical losses) and it would run nice and bright for 40 minutes or more.
The ROP LOW bulb would run on those cells for about an hour and a half and deliver an initial 550 bulb lumens (360 torch lumens).

The ROP bulb set is reasonably priced and you don't need to purchase an expensive PR base to bi-pin adapter slug or fancy Kiu socket adapter to run them.

Why not try these 2 bulbs first and then go from there?