Recommend a general purpose LED please?

Uncle Alvah

Newly Enlightened
My most used flashlight is probably a PrinctonTec Attitude.

I had a Surefire TwinTask,(3-c cell) which was a nice light, but I was a bit disappointed in the cast of the incandescent on it. Also worth mentioning that it got stolen.:scowl:

I've considered replacing it with the same unit, but am also considering that perhaps I should simply go to a similar light that is just LED. I can live without a great deal of cast, as I found that I was almost always using the TwinTask in one of the LED modes.

I would appreciate suggestiions for a similar size, 2 or 3 C cell LED light.
Thanks!

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unc: consider the Streamlight 3C Propolymer Luxeon, or its 4AA sibling. 5+ hours of non-declining output, nice throw and spill, durable, not spendy. Well regarded.

link

cheers

dim

Enlightened
How about a 3aa flashlight? The Gerber LX 3.0 is an excellent general purpose flashlight. I've reviewed it HERE.

dim

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uncle Alvah said:
I had a Surefire TwinTask,(3-c cell) which was a nice light, but I was a bit disappointed in the cast of the incandescent on it. Also worth mentioning that it got stolen....I've considered replacing it with the same unit, but am also considering that perhaps I should simply go to a similar light that is just LED. I can live without a great deal of cast, as I found that I was almost always using the TwinTask in one of the LED modes...I would appreciate suggestiions for a similar size, 2 or 3 C cell LED light...Thanks!

The esteemed powernoodle comes close to the ideal light with his suggestion of the SL PP 3C Lux.

However, he failed to take into account that the SL PP 3C Lux is a known as a throw light, with a very intense hotspot that makes it problematic for use up close.

Instead, consider its sibling light, the SL PP 3C Led:
http://www.brightguy.com/products/Streamlight_ProPolymer_3C_LED_Flashlight.php

Not a great deal of cast, as you say, but lots of floody light for close to medium distance use.

Very practical, very tough light at a reasonable price.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
except for Your "C-cell" the Fenix L2D-CE is the only flashlight for such a task

why bother with a larger, bulkier light if not needed?