Cree based, 150+ lumens..

Sakkath

Newly Enlightened
Is there a compact (2xcr123a),tailcap switch,regulated,haIII, 150+ lumens flashlight out there with very good quality?

I'm planning on getting a new work light, and it has to be very reliable.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Dont know exactly the specs but SF is coming out with a new L5 with cree this summer! 120 Lumen, the right way clicky! Think its regulated but am not sure at all.... Im getting that if I can get hold of one when they are realesed!

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Huntlight Cree- the Lumapower Cree- the Wolf eyes sniper with a cree drop in...lots of choices...all good!

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
I suggest a SureFire 6P (not HA III, but tough) with one of the new Cree drop-ins. G&P, Wolf-Eyes and others sell suitable drop-ins. SureFire quality with Cree power. What's not to like?

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Possibly the Novatec, formerly HDS. the new offering looks promising definitely should be durable.

Sakkath

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies! :rock:

The Amilite seems like a good light, though I think it's too small for work light use.. I would probably drop it all the time. :grin2:

Surefire, Gladius + mod, Aleph 19 (And probably the Novatec) are a bit pricy for me, though would be cool owning atleast one Surefire :grin2:

Wolfeyes and Lumapower/Hunter are probably the best alternatives for me.

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
Sakkath said:
...Surefire, Gladius + mod, Aleph 19 (And probably the Novatec) are a bit pricy for me, though would be cool owning atleast one Surefire.
A SureFire 6P lists for $59 and a Cree drop-in can be obtained for less than $40.