Anyone else notised this...

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Have anyone else notised that when you are tired and or under the influense of alcohol you are more likely to make a purchase of some stuff you really want?

I think I may have purchased at least half the stuff I purchased lately under this condition...

You have one beer...you have two....a couple of beers later you find yourselves looking at a confirmation email from paypal! You think you have made a wise decision and feel satisfyed with yourselves! The same day or the one after you may feel "buyers remorse" but since you made the purchase you obviously wanted the thing you bought so that will pass eventually! I dont think I have made a bad purchase, just wanted to wnet some thougts...

Its only monday...but since I was very aggravated of my neighbour earlier I felt that I needed a beer...or two...or three...to calm me down...Ok I was also barbeque a steak! so I had to drink something appropriate! :)

Cheers! :buddies:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skol!

I am also guilty of purchasing things with my "beer googles" on!

Last edited:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Matterhorn Ultra Snow on BST that way. I thought, "Hey, I need a 1xAAA light, I don't have one yet!". Even though I have two ebay Arc clones which work pretty well and a Gerber Sonic. So yeah, don't drink and post:takeit:

bluecrow76

Enlightened
I've never tasted the stuff and I've got too much crap that I don't need... but I wanted it all. I'd hate to see how big of a storage unit I'd need if I did drink!

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Swampgator, that was too, too funny. Good thing I wasn't eating/drinking anything at the time. I laugh, but I bet that actually happens more often than people realize.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Revisited this thread last night and, after some thought, realized that most of the troublesome/interesting things I've ever been involved in has had whiskey or women in the mix. Usually both.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
BIGIRON said:
Revisited this thread last night and, after some thought, realized that most of the troublesome/interesting things I've ever been involved in has had whiskey or women in the mix. Usually both.
If you check the Darwin awards website, you'll find that about 3/4 of the Darwin incidents involve alcohol, and lots occur about about a half hour after the bars close....

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
I´m actually not to fond of alcohol, or the effect it have, I like beer and whiskey! But dont like to get drunk...:buddies:=:barf:

But thanks to alcohol I made the step and made most of my light and gadgets purchases! So thats good! Otherwise I might have ended upå spending them on my gf...:rant: :D

Women and women is a lethal combination! :sssh:

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope...have learned from past purchases and think carefully do I NEED it or WANT it. If it is a want, I wait 2-3 days and see how the feeling is. Most often, it has passed. The realization that there is always another also prevents many impulsive buys. YMMV. :)

However, we do enjoy fermented beverages so those may be bought rather on a whim. :(