Looks Moddable: Kaidomain SORENA 1xAA - $5.31 Shipped

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
I should stop buying these cheap lights and just buy one or two better ones, but I'm a sucker for cheap deals, I'm gonna order one. :p

scottv

Newly Enlightened
got mine today - well not really.
They shipped "Powerlight HX-G011 3W LED"
SKU1387 instead of SKU1385 and with the fraudulent "3W"
boxes were marked #1385

So . . .

does SORENA actually exist?

I was just after unmarked 1AA power LED 1 watt gifts.
Returning them would cost more than they're worth.

I'll try acetone on the lettering when I get them home.

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
does SORENA actually exist?

I was just after unmarked 1AA power LED 1 watt gifts.
Returning them would cost more than they're worth.

I'll try acetone on the lettering when I get them home.

It does exist, I ordered one about 6 weeks ago and it looks just as it does in their photos, no text at all on mine. Couldn't tell ya how it works though, since it was DOA.:shakehead I didn't bother trying to return/get a refund on it, I've taken the head apart and it might make for an ok mod though it would probably just be easier to buy something with a Cree/SSC already in it.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does exist, I ordered one about 6 weeks ago and it looks just as it does in their photos, no text at all on mine. Couldn't tell ya how it works though, since it was DOA.:shakehead I didn't bother trying to return/get a refund on it, I've taken the head apart and it might make for an ok mod though it would probably just be easier to buy something with a Cree/SSC already in it.

Try this one: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1995

I got mine about three weeks ago and it's AWESOME!!! I had to put a bare piece of copper wire in the head between the negative contact on the board and the end of the body tube to resolve a flickering problem (took all of 5 minutes), but it's been rock solid ever since.

The beam is very smooth and VERY bright!!! The overall quality is really quite nice, especially when compared to a similar 1AA CREE light I bought from them a few months ago...this is really a cool little light, other than the minor fix that was needed to take care of the flicker, I'm absolutely thrilled with it! It's become my favorite EDC light and second favorite light overall, (next to my Surefire 6P with DX CREE drop in...talk about an INCREDIBLE bargain!!!), SSC-P4s ROCK!!!:rock: And you really can't beat the price! At $13.50 it's a steal!!! :wow:

I plan to buy a few more to give as gifts...in fact, I have one on the way right now to give as a Father's Day gift. I'll add the copper wire before I give it to him though. ;)

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this - http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1996
run it with cr123 3.6v and it is fantastic and less heart ache :sssh:

I bought that one about a month ago and it arrived with the silver peeling off of the reflector, which left a pretty big bare spot on the reflector. I sent it back and they replaced it with a new one and even paid for the return shipping.

I really like that MXDL light, but this one really is much better build quality (with the exception of the easily fixed flicker, of course)- http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1995

You really can't go wrong with either light at those prices!
That's my opinion for what it's worth. :shrug:

Last edited: