Carley has eliminated minimum order quantities

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lemlux:

Carley builds the reflectors and LA's for SF, SL, Pelican UKE and others besides building lamps.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll be very interested if they have aluminium reflector that fits Tec 40
grin.gif

Alan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

We (Carley Lamps) temporarily removed the minimum order requirement of $50.00 a few weeks ago (not $100.00 - that's a lot of lamps!!!) for customers like your selves. Group orders may be a good idea as you would quality for a better price, seeing how our pricing is based on quantity. - LAMPGIRL24

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
LampGirl24

Sorry about the $100 vs. $50. $100 is what the other guys (Welch Allyn) still are. Welcome to CPF!

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
YES, LampGirl24 - Welcome to CPF. We are always very pleased and excited when a manufacturer joins us here. Hope you will visit often.

I actually never minded your $50.00 minimum order, but you know what would be really great? I'd love to be able to order lamps and reflectors online. Any chance of adding a shopping cart function to your website in the near future?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I believe our products might be available on our online site through thomasregister.com - double check though as it has been a while since I was last on there...You can always place credit card orders through me via e-mail.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spidey82:
finally a girl on this forum..
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're forgetting Sasha
grin.gif

-At least it sounds female.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alan:

Can you really imagine an aftermarket PT40 2-section integrated reflector / spring assembly?

I've accepted that I'm stretching the limit in my PT40 with 3.85 V 1.20 KPR's from Top Bulb. The only mfg. site on which I've seen those bulb specs in on OSRAM's web site. Carley says their 3.7 V 1.2 A KPR generates 5.3 mscp = 66 lumen and their 5.0 V 1.2 A KPR generates 8.4 mscp = 104 lumen. I'll assume that my PT40's NiMh's drive the 3.85V bulb at 4.5V and at an interpolated 89 Lumens. I'll accept 89 Lumens as the current limit on the PT40.

A while ago I asked people to comment on the most heat resistant 4AA lights out there, and got little response. I took this to suggest that their aren't many heat resistant 4AA flashlights on the market.

I suspect that the recently posted threads recently concerning DB 4AA's, DB 6AA's, and DB 8AA's have occured because the DB platform appears to offer the most flexible potential of commercially available underpowered lights for modding heat generating high wattage lamps and driving them with AA's, 123's, or 4/5 A cells.

Other threads relating to putting higher voltage and wattage output into Mag 2D and mag 3D's with 123 NiMh packs are also driven by a desire to generate more lumens from reasonably sized and priced heat tolerant commercially available products.

Having said that, it sure would be great to have a PT40 with an aluminum reflector and a lens that was far enough away from the halogen bulb nipple so you and I could run hotter Halogen lamps than the .50 amp OEM lamp. In the meantime, I will look elsewhere when I want > 89 lumens.

On the other hand, I reported a while ago that I was aftaid that the heat of my Carley 3.7 V 1.7 A Krypton Star would soon destroy the PT40 reflector. I haven't tried the Carley KSR 3.7 V 1.5 A bulb. This 1.5 amp bulb should generate 115 Lumens in a PT40. Maybe I'll try one just to see if my PT40 can survive running consistently at a level brighter than either my 8X or a 3-cell P90. I don't, however, want to consider risking the destruction of the PT40 until I've finished pushing the lumen limits on larger and higher potential DB's and Mags.

Until then, my PT40 will have to settle for being the the brightest light I know at it's size or less that doesn't run a P61, P90, or P91. If I push the PT 40 harder, the only LA I might beat without damaging the PT40 is the P90.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just talked to a very helpful and friendly Patty at [email protected]. She didn't know that CPF existed, but will spend a good part of today browsing us.

Carley no longer has a minimum charge!

Carley sells Xenon Stars for $4.78 @ in quantities of 1-9 each and $3.13 @ in quantities of 10 - 99.

Carley sells Krypton Stars for $3.95 @ in quantities of 1-9 and $2.97 @ in quantities of 10-99.

The 1586 reflector I'm thinking about installing in my DB's sells for $4.66 @.

Carley builds the reflectors and LA's for SF, SL, Pelican UKE and others besides building lamps.

ake

Newly Enlightened
Could someone let me know which (model #?) is the brightest/longest throw Carley Bulb(s) that will fit perfectly in a PT tec40 without any modification and won't damage the reflector and the lens?

Thanks,

Ake

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
AKE:

If you use the 1.2 A 3.7 V Krypton Star you'll be happy and should get about 89 Lumens in the PT40 with NiMh's. If I recall correctly, you'll want to use two or three of the adjusting rings that come with the bulb for the wide focus reflector. I didn't try one in my narrow focus reflector.

I was uncomfortable with the the heat generated by the KSR 3.7V 1.7 A, but I didn't run long enough to test for damage. I've never had the in-between size KSR 3.7 V 1.5 A to test what it would do to the reflector.

V

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lemlux, I am not sure if the tec40's reflector could be able to survive 3.85v 1.2A from top bulb or those from Carley. I guess you might have different fresh light usage pattern than that of mine. I normally keep tec40 on for more than 20 minutes continously. This would deform a little bit of the reflector with regular kpr103. The reflector won't deform further afterward though. Fortunately, it won't affect too much of light beam due to the texture of the reflector.

Alan

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alan:

My useage pattern on the PT40 is typically for 5 to 10 minutes at a time, not 20. I have not seen any distortion with the KPR 3.85 V 1.20 A bulb. Addmittedly, I've been using my SF's and high wattage DB's more lately.

I appreciate your comment that the KPR 103 has caused a minor reflector deformation that hasn't progressed from its initial stage. I now am determined not to get more aggressive with the amperage in this light than I already am.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
YEA!

Finally I can get some decent bulbs and reflectors for my MAG 3D lights!

LampGirl24, What do you recommend for the brightest best bulb and reflector in a standard MagLight 3D?

Thanks!

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alan:

I ran my PT40 with KPR 3.85 V 1.2 A for 35 continuous minutes tonight. It got quite warm, but I saw no distortion on the reflector when I dissasembled the lamp later.

The inside of the light did smell like overheated plastic when I opened it right after turning it off. Some plastic molecules somewhere vaporized.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
4 of my PT reflectors deformed *a little* at the inner circle next to the bulb (3D maglite White Stars) but it won't spread out further even for longer use. You need to look at it carefully to find out due to the texture.

If you don't see this, I suspect (only a guess) that your AA NiMH might have its voltage dropped too much due to its 1.2A load for long period thus the bulb is not as hot as 3D White Star after a few minutes.

Alan