took a page from WHC and gave it a go , M3 on L1d " reflector "

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
well i ordered a op reflector from lumapower "great service" for m3 transformer reflector for my L1d but i guess there may have been a design change as the one i got seems a bit different from WHC ,it doesnt have a pedestal and cuz of that it just isnt quite deep enough to work as it gave me no hotspot just a donut hole :( .....ugh it fit in so perfectly threaded

so i decided to just give the stock reflector a sputter & it came out beautifully ,no light loss, no more dark ring and the beam is perfect just as smooth as the F1 now :grin2:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
oddly enough i did lay the reflector on the seoul lights and it works perfect for them, difference in depth i guess

Last edited:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i used krylon clear acrylic & Photoblocker "that reflective stuff for license plates"

short bursts 2 krylon layers then 2 photoblocker layers then 1 krylon and 1 more light wet coating of krylon to seal the deal....im sure krylon alone would do the trick but since i have the photoblocker i might as well throw it in there as well :)

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was desperate & it was coming from the otherside of the world so shipping was expected to hurt

gunga

Flashaholic
Fenix store is selling pre-modded reflectors now for $10.

I would love the L1D if it could have multi-levels with 14500, perhaps the rexlight will have that...