New Rayovac flashlight.

LED4evr

Newly Enlightened
About 2 weeks ago I saw in my local K-mart Ray-O-Vac 1 watt and 3 watt LED flashlights. Metal body, adjustable beam, waterproof, nice looking flashlights. The both use two AA batteries.

I searched google for them and have found absolutely nothing! Not even at ray-o-vacs website. In the entire internet there is no mention of ray-o-vac 1 and 3 watt led flashlights. I belive they are called "Highbeams". Does anyone know anything about these lights?

Gitlaa

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I just got the 3 watt version, I will be reviewing it shortly. It is a very nice light.:)

Gitlaa

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I got it at my local kmart, I believe the price was either 30 or 35.

lumenal

Enlightened
The new Rayovac "Highbeam" 3 watt LED is definitely a rebranded Nuwai X-3. I saw it today at K-Mart, for $29.99. It looked very nice in the packaging, with clip,lanyard and holster, in a dark blue finish.

I would have bought it, but I just bought the River Rock 3 watt at Target, which is another rebranded X-3, ($24.99, camo, with no clip or holster).

Question - Does anyone who has this light notice that the threads are kind of rough, making one-handed operation a little difficult? Mine is like that, and according to FLR, Doug's sample was a little rough also.:huh2:

Modern_Major_General

Newly Enlightened
I just bought the Cabela's re-branded Nuwai X-3, and the threads on the tail cap are very smooth. The threads on the Cabela's version are anodized, and I've seen some pictures of the Nuwai branded X-3 where the threads are not. This might have something to do with the smoothness of the tail cap.

Here is the picture of the Nuwai X-3 with non-anodized threads (unlike mine):
Nuwai-X3-3pc.jpg

Last edited:

lumenal

Enlightened
MMGeneral - yup, the threads on my RR X-3 are like those in the picture; no anodize. That seems to make it a little sticky while twisting it on.

Can you easily operate your X-3 one-handed?

I may just buy the Rayovac X-3 to see if it is like yours ( no Cabelas near here), because I really like the 2AA format. It looks real clean and smooth in the packaging.

Modern_Major_General

Newly Enlightened
I can operate mine with one hand. It doesn't catch or stick when turning. Too bad I don't have a light with the same style switch to compare it to though.