SureFire E1E or E2E

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I know the answer to this more opinions probably than facts, but which of these lights is better? I'm looking for the brightest, smallest light with the most run-time available. Which of these fit the bill?

Frank C.

Newly Enlightened
I have both lights. Both are very bright for their size, but the E2E is much much brighter than the E1e. With the E1e you get around 90 minutes of light - with the E2e you get 75 minutes of WAY brighter light.

The E2e is what I carry every day...the E1e only goes with me very occassionally (and likely won't at all once I get a belt pouch for the E2e.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

E1e.
Brightest light for it's size...
I have E1e strapped to my helmet at work. I carry E2e everywhere I go...
Get both.
Or E2e.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can only get one of them, what about getting a E2 or E2e, and using it with the Z20 battery spacer. That way, you can run an E1 lamp, on 1-cell, but have a choice of reverting to the 2-cell configuration at will.
It is possible to run it with a home-made bypass, so that your "spare" cell is a fully charged 123 instead of a Z20 blank spacer.

The E2 is so small that you can still EDC it almost as easily as an E1.

lightlover

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Actually another option is to get the E2e and then use the MNO2 when it is released.

bigcozy

Enlightened
I found that the E2 was still small enough that I noticed little difference in size in everyday carry between it and the E1. The difference in brightness is huge. If I were to get one it would certainly be the E2 or E2e.

I told you over at LED forum, you will probably end up getting both the E1e and the E2e. Having both in the same color is irresistable.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ummm, good point Lonewolf.

The ratings are something like:
15 Lu for 90 minutes with the MN01 on 1 cell
25 Lu for 180 minutes with the MN02 on 2 cells

Release date for the MN02 is supposed to be "soon", officially in about 4 weeks time or so.

Al, please confirm this.
(I guess my lovingly hand-made *Z20B* bypass can be retired now ... )

lightlover

pjenkins00

Newly Enlightened
you still have to swap lamps for the 90 minute runtime right? you can't run mno3 on only 3 volts, can you?

- Pete

DonL

Enlightened
When the MN02 is finally here, I'll probably switch to my E2 on a more regular basis. Until then, I'm still switching between my E2 and E1e, the E1e more with the warmer weather and fewer pockets to fill. The E1e is so easy to tuck into that little watch/fob/lighter pocket in the right hand pocket of bluejeans.

I've found that I often pair the E1e with my M2 or 8AX for a complimentary light or the smaller light as a backup.

That MN02 is gonna throw a big monkey wrench into things.
grin.gif

Latest posts