Arc LS First vs LS Second

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pai'ea

To any of you who are lucky enough to have both a 1st and a 2nd: how significant is the difference in brightness/beam quality/tint/etc? Any other observations?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to know the actual definition of a first. I have an original LS when it was first released. Since then Peter has offered a trade in policy to trade it in for a "first" if so desired. I know mine has the older style optics which doesn't qualify it as a new first. Mine has a nice white center spot or so I believe. I've become somewhat color blind as of late so if it is tinted towards violet I might not catch it but it definitely is not pea green. There is a yellow/brown corona surrounded the beam. The LED is off centered but you don't notice it in real life usage. If people have both an original release and a certified second I'm also curious of the differences.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only had the 2nd for a very short period, so I can't say much about the light difference, but I can say on the 1st, the color of all the pieces match. Actually, the AA tubes are just slightly off from the head & the 123 body, but to notice it, you have to look close in a bright light. TX

aso

Enlightened
Here is a beamshot for you. Make yor own conclusions:

pubimage.asp

If the pic doesn't come up, use this link:

beamshot

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pictures, ex-lineman!

Pictures don't lie, but my experiences with two of the lights in your picture differ from what your picture shows and I'd like to give my opinions. (sorry I don't have pictures!)

I am lucky enough to own both the Lambda Illuminator, and a ARC LS Second, my experience is that the Lambda Illuminator has a more intense hot spot, whereas the ARC LS second has more of a wider light.

I like them both very much, and use both every day when walking my dog on the miles of dirt roads by the bayou's in back of my house.

There might be differences between individual lights.

See this link for more information (I worked hard writing this up!)
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=002423

I use the nite ize lite lok belt clips with my two favorite lights.

See the belt clip and pictures here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002030

Status
Not open for further replies.