Upgrading a Strion to use LED?

ghostguy6

Enlightened
First of all let me just say I have next to no experiance when it comes to modifying lights. That being said I was wondering if it would be possible to modify my Strion to use an LED rather than the standard bulb. A quick google search didnt reveal any drop in bulbs. Is there a premade drop in I could use and if not what is the best way to go about upgrading the bulb?
Thanks in advance.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
A drop in would be nice. I have a Strion and would like to do the same but I'm a beginner modder. This would be a job for an more advanced modder. I have upgraded my Stinger LED's with better emitters but the Strion mod looks like it would be challenging. I am hoping SL will eventually manufacture a Strion LED!

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
If SL makes an LED strion, it will be a completely different light. I think the strion was made to be more of an incandescent light in emergency situations. The incandescents provide better color rendition and better throw overall. So i think it will stick around. If you really want a strion light that's an LED, PM milkyspit. He can put one in for you and makes sure it runs great.