My LumaPower arrived!

Jmurman

Newly Enlightened
My M1 LumaHunter arrived today and I am in love with this light! It took me a while to reconfigure it to accept the 123 batteries, but once that was done, it's GREAT!

Kudos to BatteryJunction.com for their excellent service and quick replies! I'll definately do business with them again.

Brozneo

Enlightened
What kinda of M1 did you get?

I really like my M1 XR-E, so much so I have ordered the SSC P4 LED for it plus also the new tactical M1... Hopefully they aren't too far away!

riffraff

Enlightened
How long was it from when you got the email from Battery Junction until it arrived? (I got my "shipped" email yesterday...trying to figure the arrival date!) :party:

Jmurman

Newly Enlightened
riffraff said:
How long was it from when you got the email from Battery Junction until it arrived? (I got my "shipped" email yesterday...trying to figure the arrival date!) :party:

I got my email a couple of days ago, sp two days for me here in MD.

Dawg

Enlightened
Hmmmm.......Whats to reconfigure to run 123's? I got mine today from Amondotech and I took out the orange peel reflector and installed the smooth one, and then I uninstalled the tactical switch and installed the 2 stage reverse clicky and the glow in the dark rubber.

These are nice lights for the money. I have heard them referred to as poor man Surefires.......These, nor any Chinese light I own, or have owned, come close to the quality of a Surefire. They are clones. Frankly, I am getting a tad tired of the Hyperbole of the current crop of Chinese Cree lights. They are not all that great. In fact. I think the Coast Focusing light is brighter than all of them, excepting the P1Dce. Its nice that there are inexpensive lights available, but I own Modded lights that IMHO are more what this hobby is about than these trumped up lights coming from Asia. Sorry to rant in your thread.......didn't feel like starting my own. There are too many on these lights as it is.

Chao

Enlightened
Congrats, M1 is a throw monster, nice light! I also got mine from batteryjunction, they always ship lights very quick.

sims2k

Enlightened
Dawg said:
Hmmmm.......Whats to reconfigure to run 123's? I got mine today from Amondotech and I took out the orange peel reflector and installed the smooth one, and then I uninstalled the tactical switch and installed the 2 stage reverse clicky and the glow in the dark rubber.

These are nice lights for the money. I have heard them referred to as poor man Surefires.......These, nor any Chinese light I own, or have owned, come close to the quality of a Surefire. They are clones. Frankly, I am getting a tad tired of the Hyperbole of the current crop of Chinese Cree lights. They are not all that great. In fact. I think the Coast Focusing light is brighter than all of them, excepting the P1Dce. Its nice that there are inexpensive lights available, but I own Modded lights that IMHO are more what this hobby is about than these trumped up lights coming from Asia. Sorry to rant in your thread.......didn't feel like starting my own. There are too many on these lights as it is.

I own Surefire L2, Kroma, and U2 and can attest to thier quality. I also own several Chinese LED lights including Lumapower M1, Fenix L2DCE, Nuwai TM310H, Nuwai TM-301X-5... each one works as expected and just as great as the Wiseled Tactical I have. I don't do any mods on my lights nor do I intend to. The Chinese made lights might be clones but I see them as improved clones of the Surefire lights...just as the Lexus car and Honda Accord are improved clones to thier Ford and GM counterparts....

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice new toy there. Enjoy and don't let the FUD-mongers trash your enthusiasm for such a nice light. By the way I assume it is the new version of the M1; a bit longer, new easier to press tailcap, etc? How's the fit and finish on it?

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
Awesome, I'm still thinking about picking one of those up...

T4R06

Enlightened
im waiting for my 2nd M1 :popcorn:
nice talkin to you matt :)

i like the design and its tough. better grip and remarkable runtime on 18650

T4R06

Enlightened
PhantomPhoton said:
How's the fit and finish on it?

i drop mine and now have ding on bezel but the color is still there,
i drop my L4 much smaller ding on bezel compare to M1 but the finish is totally chip off.

i must say my M1 is better finish on my L4

it is just my opinion.