What's the fix for flickering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
What\'s the fix for flickering?

Over the past couple of months my LE 3.0 has, on occasion, refused to turn on. Twisting the head several times didn't matter much because after waiting for a minute or so, the light came on.

Tonight I've encountered flickering. Thinking that my battery is almost dead e.g., going to moon mode, I popped in a fresh Energizer. It still flickers. I used the pencil eraser to clean the inside and ended up with the same flickering.

Is there a self help remedy available? I don't know if this is something that can only be addressed by Arc. If I end up sending it to them, will they be able to use the LE LED or is that pitched as part of the fix? I really would like to keep the bright LED.

Darell

Flashaholic
Re: What\'s the fix for flickering?

A couple of things to remember:

1. The LED in the LE is the same brightness as the LED currently used in the standard Arc AAA, just a slightly different tint.

2. The best permanent fix is to send the unit in for replacement. And I do think Peter can replace the unit for you. Just send an email, and see what he has to say.

3. The flickering is usually caused by a bad contact between the board and the head housing. A new roll crip will help solve the problem in the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.