Arc AAA Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey586

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I heard that Arc is no longer making the AAA in blue. Is that true? Just wondering why?
Jeffrey

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, unfortunately tis true.

The reason? "Streamlining" apparently. It was decided that in order to keep up with production of the most popular models (White is by far the most popular with turquoise following behind) that the rest would be dropped, at least for now, and avaliable only as special orders of hundreds of units minimum.

It`s a shame but at least it means the AAA will continue to be avaliable in the most popular forms, and hopefully the price won`t have to go up too soon either....

tongue.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if Gransee could have all of the colors and efficiency at the same time. Just run two colors at a time. Run just white and some color for three months with everyone knowing that the color would not be around again for a long time then switch to white and some other color. This should keep think efficent and add demand since that color would take a very long time to cycle all the way around again.

JohnG

Enlightened
Thanks for the link, DavidW. I just ordered one.
The blue Arc doesn't show up on Brightguy's Arc or Specials pages, making it hard to find out about.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanted to wander a bit off the topic to thank Empath for the business reasoning.

Not being in the business world, I have a tendency not to think about things like turnover. I think that is a very valid point.

Also I am pleased when I actually can learn something on the net and not just learn about new things (lights) to buy.
smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto on that and Empath is right. Our number one reason for simplifying the product line is to reduce lead times. That is our goal.

Peter Gransee

Empath

Flashaholic
I can't say I know the details of Peter's manufacturing operation, but I'd think it has to do with two important considerations in business.

First: the size of a production run. Demands of the mechanics of producing an item and the labor dictates a cutoff point. Anything less than that cutoff point is unprofitable or impractical.

Second: Turn over. Just as with any investment, the time it takes to draw an expected profit is a factor as important as the profit itself. It is unprofitable to store and handle an item that doesn't draw a profit rapidly enough to pay the labor, overhead, and permit a growth in the investment.

If the dictates of a production run generates a larger inventory than is practical for reasonable turn over, you lose money. A minimum quantity order that meets the demands of a product run satisfies both considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.