T5 arrives, switch heads with T3

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
Well, my Neo T5 arrived today (as a surprise, since I recieved no shipping confirmation) and I guess, tonight, I can say I am theHappyMan with the light.

After playing with it, just for an experiment, I tried swapping heads with my T3. By the way, the heads are identical, except for the Led and a slight difference in the reflectors. Well, I liked it so much this way I'm going to leave the T5 head on my T3 body (and my T3 head on my T5 body).

The T3's beam is warmer than the bluish white tint of the T5's and more focused too. But the T5's light is way brighter and lights up a much wider area.

At 150 feet the T5's beam is about equally as bright as the Fenix P1D-CE's "high" but covers twice the area, indicating more overall brightness for the T5. Here too the T5 has more of a bluish white tint. And as for artifact (rings), the T5 certainly has less than the P1D-CE (dont get me wrong, I love my Fenix too).

Hooking the T5 head up with the T3 body makes for an amaing, amazing little light. So bright yet so small. You T5 owners might think about ordering a T3......... For that size, is there anything brighter out there ???

And the T3 head on the T5's body is fun too..... the "low" is even lower but a very usable lower, and the "high" is fairly decent, for a Luxeon. Personally I like it that low comes on first.
But, for me, the T5 body is just a bit too long for an EDC.

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
Lambert said:
How does it compare to the D-mini?
Dont know, dont have a d-mini. The only thing I know is that a D-mini is very bright, has a very focused beam (good throw), and has a big head......

The D-mini is over 4 inches long, the T3 is 2.87". For me the d-mini wouldnt be EDC in the pocket.

Last edited:

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
rookie said:
Glad to hear that you finally received the light. Have fun!
Yes, the light finally came; I worried for nothing. I just kind of wish Amicon (Amilite) had sent an order acknowledgement and/or a shipping notice.

Dawg

Enlightened
thehappyman said:
Yes, the light finally came; I worried for nothing. I just kind of wish Amicon (Amilite) had sent an order acknowledgement and/or a shipping notice.
I got the more expensive shipping option and not only did they send me a shipping acknowledgement, the EMS tracking shows literally every step of the way. Mine is in customs at Chicago Ohare Field as I write this. Probably will be delivered Friday, which would make for a grand total of 5 days from Korea. Thanks for the tip about the T3. Sounds good.

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
Dawg said:
I got the more expensive shipping option and not only did they send me a shipping acknowledgement, the EMS tracking shows literally every step of the way. Mine is in customs at Chicago Ohare Field as I write this. Probably will be delivered Friday, which would make for a grand total of 5 days from Korea. Thanks for the tip about the T3. Sounds good.
I should have gotten the more expensive shipping; thats whats you get for scrimping.......

JRNioa

Newly Enlightened
I took it a step further than Thehappyman

I acquired a metal round file and carefully file'd out the inside of the T3 body just enough to fit Battery Station 3.6 rcr's and AW's rcr's and WOW! The light runs for about 30 minutes on the batery stations, is much brighter and floodier than my P1dCE and very noticibly brighter running rechrgeables.....amazing little light ......it floods my whole back yard!! Gets a litlle hot but been runnning it now for about 30 hours...no problems....can alwaye replacde the led if need be...