A2-What color LED

GreySave

Enlightened
White, albeit with noticeably blue tint. Provides for general use and nice wide even flood. Upgradeable with the Atomic Chicken replacement rings about to be introduced.

Don't wait too long. GREAT pricing with CPF discount at Spyder Tactical (Steven is closing the business)

defusion

Enlightened
I don't have one, but i think i would like one with red leds as a "going to the bathroom" light. now i use a 7x5mm white led for that, which is the lowest intensity light i have, but i would prefer something red because it keeps your nightvision good.

wuyeah

Enlightened
Get Yellow Green!

it is as easy to see in low as white, but a bit more character. I traded a white to YG and I love it.

guam9092

Newly Enlightened
wuyeah said:
Get Yellow Green!

it is as easy to see in low as white, but a bit more character. I traded a white to YG and I love it.

How easy is it in the yllow/green mode when you want to look at something or read it? Maybe I'll get the color if it is easy on the eyes.

Nuker-

Newly Enlightened
I use red myself, Gotta read those charts while not destroying your night vision :) And the main lamp is perfect for preflighting the plane.
Nuker-

Westlicht

Newly Enlightened
Red for night flights. Red gives the A2 that special use look... night ops. It's also good for finding the bathroom in the middle of the night.

kudu

Newly Enlightened
I have owned two Aviators one in red, one in green. I liked both for different reasons. Red is great for helping you to keep your night adapted vision, but I always thought the light output on red was a little low. green is also somewhat soft on the eyes, but mine seemed a whole lot brighter than the red, I liked it better. If I was to buy one today I would want to try the yellow-green, I have no personal experience with yellow-green but it sounds interesting. If you are willing to accept a light that is a little bit larger, and more expensive I would recommend considering the Kroma. The Kroma is far more versatile with it's multiple colors and levels of output. I purchased a Kroma last year and it is by far my favorite light for multi-purpose use.

h_nu

Enlightened
I only have one A2 and it's "white LEDs". Very disappointing. I'd try yellow green if I were to get another but it's not likely.

SunStar

Enlightened
I like the Y/G too. It's not too bad on night adapted eyes - although not quite as "easy" on the eyes as red. But it has great color rendition compared to the other colors besides white. I personally find it much easier to read at night with Y/G than with red, blue or green. Aside, Y/G offers something different than the popular LED colors such as white, blue, green and red.

carrot

Flashaholic
I like white. One CPFer, greenLED, has a pictorial review of all the different A2 colors. Might want to take a look at that.

wuyeah

Enlightened
guam9092 said:
How easy is it in the yllow/green mode when you want to look at something or read it? Maybe I'll get the color if it is easy on the eyes.

Personally I feel the Yellow Green is easier for the eyes when I using it to read maps in car at night. Of course, color will be off, but my eye feel more comfortable, so does the driver.

p.s. Also noted...because of the color difference, Y/G don't FEEL as bright as White. I don't feel it is "too dark"

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
I have two of the SureFire.A2.Aviators in Green and Yellow-Green that I ride in my pockets when I'm out and about. In fact I'm EDC'ing them here in Hawaii as I keying in this entry.