Scared that a metal clip will scratch your Arc? (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yclo

Flashaholic*
Here's your solution! A plastic clip!
fd9fae61.jpg

fd9fae60.jpg

fd9fae5e.jpg

The pen was a free company promotion gift.

YC

Andrew

Newly Enlightened
I'm far more afraid of the fluid mechanics equations in the background than having anything scratch my Arc-LE.
smile.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey yclo,

Do you work with fluid mechanics? I think fluids can be real interesting. I've been working on a problem in hydrodynamic stability for my dissertation. Fluids weren't my original background, so I've had to learn, but that's what makes life interesting.

Oh, and nice clip.

Darell

Flashaholic
"Fluid Mechanics" is just wrong somehow. Fluid shouldn't have any sort of mechanics associtated with it. It should just be more... well... fluid than that.

Oxymoron. That's the word I was looking for.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ying, where did you get that hour-glass shaped quick link?
KT

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
"Fluid Mechanics" is just wrong somehow. Fluid shouldn't have any sort of mechanics associtated with it. It should just be more... well... fluid than that.

Oxymoron. That's the word I was looking for.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The term "fluid dynamics" is also used. This might be better, since the term "dynamics" has to do with the response of a system to forces. Those are surely present in fluids.

hawkins1965

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yclo:
Here's your solution! A plastic clip!
The pen was a free company promotion gift.

YC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried to make the same clip a few months ago. It was the same night I got my first ARC LE. I removed the head and tried to put the clip on the thread end. I was pounding the clip on the LE so hard it crack the click. ANd I was horrified to realized that I warpped the thread end. I was able to hammer the body back into a relatively round shape. The light works just fine. Too bad my wife saw my plunder. Otherwise I would have swapped mine out with hers and she wouldm't have any idea what happened to her LE.
grin.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
Lux,

I don't really "work" with Fluid Mechanics...
It's one of my subjects in my soon-to-be Mechanical Engineering Degree.

KT,

The quick link was from some keychain thing that I got ages ago. (I can't even remember what it was from) But I do know that I bought it in Hong Kong, some street stall. I think that www.berkeleypoint.com has some quick links for sale.

YC

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew:
I'm far more afraid of the fluid mechanics equations in the background than having anything scratch my Arc-LE.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be glad it's not something really nasty like advanced warp theory or a paper describing - at the subatomic level - what happens during a helium shell flash.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.