Energizer Luxeon at Target?

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw an aluminum Energizer at Target recently.

It used a reflector, ahd a clicky on the barrel near the head, and was appeared to be a Luxeon. I cannot recall what else was on the package, but it was 2 x AA.

Might have been a Nuwai model--looked pretty nice, and was just a bit larger than a Mag 2AA.

I think it was $20....serious competition for Mag, if it is a good performer.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
This IS bad news for Maglight; a "name" brand led offering to the masses. If quality is decent, it will be a hit. Still, it would have to be really good to undersell a Magled 2AA for only a few dollars more.

pedalinbob said:
I saw an aluminum Energizer at Target recently.

It used a reflector, ahd a clicky on the barrel near the head, and was appeared to be a Luxeon. I cannot recall what else was on the package, but it was 2 x AA.

Might have been a Nuwai model--looked pretty nice, and was just a bit larger than a Mag 2AA.

I think it was $20....serious competition for Mag, if it is a good performer.

The drive is probably not impressive. I had an Energizer tough 4D 3W LED flashlight. It simply ran a Luxeon III, with a rather small heatsink driven through a series resistor.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just did a search on Target's web site for 'LED' and got 799 hits. Did a search on LED flashlight and got 351. Sounds like LED's have become a little more mainstream than I realized. Can't yet find this flashlight though without scrolling through way too many pages.

CeilingDweller

Newly Enlightened
matrixshaman said:
Just did a search on Target's web site for 'LED' and got 799 hits. Did a search on LED flashlight and got 351. Sounds like LED's have become a little more mainstream than I realized. Can't yet find this flashlight though without scrolling through way too many pages.

Yeah Matrix Target.com has alot of lights.

I have found that the lights the carry in the stores can't be found on the website. I saw the energizer light in question there. I thought it was interesting that energizer would try to market a high dollar light like that. Maybe they did their homework on this one and feel like it's good enough that ppl will buy it. It is an attractive flashlight.

I opted for the RiverRock k2 headlamp and love it!

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The rechargeable is about the size of a Poly Stinger. Even with a "focusable beam". It charges thru a port just between the switch and the head. Similar to the CT Zero's (remember those?). Decent for a one watt. Mine is waiting for a Seoul to pop in there. It uses a 3.6 volt NIMH cell pack (1/2 A IRC) that is rated for about 1000 mah.

The 2AA version looks like a better hit than the other 1 watt 2AA model they had a few months ago. Just from a look and feel stand point. I think Task Light from Stream Light when I look at that unit for some reason. I think it is a close cousin.

Finally though Brinkmann has an all metal 3 watt unit at Target. Even though it is a 3AAA unit. Still should heat sink better than past Brinkmann's.

Target has went Led crazy. Much to the chagrin of my wallet.

CeilingDweller

Newly Enlightened
Pellidon said:
Target has went Led crazy. Much to the chagrin of my wallet.

:laughing: I feel ya...and now I just found out lighthound.com is 7miles from my house...equal distance from target.

Delta

Enlightened
CeilingDweller said:
:laughing: I feel ya...and now I just found out lighthound.com is 7miles from my house...equal distance from target.

Lucky SOB! Lighthound is my favorite online supplier. I have a package from there en orute to me as we speak. John's a great guy to deal with.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up one of the Energizer 2AA Luxeon lights at Target yesterday. Overall it's quite good, perhaps better than the 2AA MagLED. The reliability of the switch is an open question, but mine seems solid so far.

This light uses a 1W Luxeon star, and it is easy to reach the LED by unscrewing the bezel and then unscrewing the plastic retaining ring inside.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I own one Bob.

It does seem like a cousin to Streamlight Task lights including twin-task.

It has a pretty soild reverse clickie, The beam is adjustable to a degree and the LED can be gotten to pretty easy.

It has a relatively tight spot and decent output.

Tighter, Whiter and therefore brighter than the Bolt 2AA.

Gets CREAMED by the River Rock 2AA LUXIII.

Gets SMOKED by a 2AA Cree'd minim*g.

Whoops up on the NiteIze 1W Drop-In.

My 2AA M*gled is out in the truck, but the Energizer 1W Led compares somewhat favorably to a 3AA M*gled. And I'd much rather use this over a M*gled AA EVERY time.

All that said, of any of the lights I've gotten lately the RR LUXIII is my fave.

But this should appeal to the masses!

Latest posts