Jetbeam C-LE "1.5V only" text on head

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I just missed something here but in this link........

http://www.xitek.com/market/showmproduct.php?productid=4717

I can see 1.5V only text printed on the head of the Jetbeam C-LE. In all of the reviews and pics on CPF, nowhere do I see this text. Or maybe all of the photos were taken with this text facing the other way? I am one of the many that ordered one of these from DX and I am just curious. Does anyone have this text printed on the head of their Jetbam C-LE?

LGCubana

Enlightened
I did a litle research on this light; before the license holder sabotaged the DX deal.

The C-LE is not meant to run the 4.7v Lithiums.

Some customers says that it runs fine with the 14500 battery. Others say that using the 14500 burnt out the circuitry & converted their light to a direct drive.

Related to this, is the whole "Hidden Mode" & 14500 battery usage. Same results as the above.

waiklau

Newly Enlightened
light_emitting_dude said:
Maybe I just missed something here but in this link........

http://www.xitek.com/market/showmproduct.php?productid=4717

I can see 1.5V only text printed on the head of the Jetbeam C-LE. In all of the reviews and pics on CPF, nowhere do I see this text. Or maybe all of the photos were taken with this text facing the other way? I am one of the many that ordered one of these from DX and I am just curious. Does anyone have this text printed on the head of their Jetbam C-LE?

...and the price is only $24 USD converted from 188.00 HKD or yuan. So in Asia its actually cheaper and NOT like Emilion says that its sold same price world wide.

roverjohn

Newly Enlightened
waiklau said:
...and the price is only $24 USD converted from 188.00 HKD or yuan. So in Asia its actually cheaper and NOT like Emilion says that its sold same price world wide.

Then why don't we buy them from this guy???????????????

davenlei

Newly Enlightened
Because the Chinese source is probably not licensed to sell it outside China. If he did, it would become a gray market product.

roverjohn

Newly Enlightened
So he can't sell to someone in China who then ships to us? Like Kai. That guy has a bunch of cool stuff like a WolfEyes 10watt HID for $166.00. Very confusing site though with all the question marks and stuff.

Last edited:

OCEANBEAMER

Newly Enlightened
Well ,I have a jtebeam c-le and there isn't any 1.5 volt only printed anywhere...there are 2 versions of this light....the one you have which doesn't have the secret mode...and runs on reguler AA only....and the other version which has the secret locator mode and if they had been built with copper slugs for thermal protection instead of gobbs of thermal grease under the led assemblies WOULD run nicely with 14500's installed....But alas it eventually burns up .........and poof there goes your nice light. I fortunately was not in on the group buys and didn't have the thread issues associated with those units,,and I didn't buy from dealextreme either..

Last edited:

SEMIJim

Enlightened
OCEANBEAMER said:
... if they had been built with copper slugs for thermal protection instead of gobbs of thermal grease under the led assemblies ...
They tried to use thermal grease as a heat sink? :ohgeez: :barf:

Latest posts