TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4

BUZ

Enlightened
I am thinking about purchasing one and really cannot find any thread on the upgrade, was wondering who has one and how do you like it??? Any comparions shots would be greatly appreacited! Thinking about installing it on one of my 3C maglites.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/tle-6k2.html

theshorelinemarket_1945_9347447

Last edited:

BMRSEB

Enlightened
Here's the original thread.. And I'm sure there might be some links in there with beamshots, reviews, etc..

I have mine setup in a 2D Mag with 2 of Litemania's (3AA --> 1D adaptors). Giving me 6AA's in a 2D Mag.. it's plenty bright, plus I used Energizer E2 Lithiums. :)

BUZ

Enlightened
BMRSEB said:
Here's the original thread.. And I'm sure there might be some links in there with beamshots, reviews, etc..

I have mine setup in a 2D Mag with 2 of Litemania's (3AA --> 1D adaptors). Giving me 6AA's in a 2D Mag.. it's plenty bright, plus I used Energizer E2 Lithiums. :)

Hey thanks for the link!!

Wonder how the SL propoly 4aa lux would compare to the ministar5 P4 in a 3c mag.

clipse

Enlightened
I have mine on the way. It should be here today....hopefully. :) I'll be putting it in a 2 C cell maglite with 2x18500's pushing it. I'm excited. :D

Carabidae

Newly Enlightened
It works great on a 3d, its as bright as a p1d-ce @72 lumens, it will probably be the same on c, just less runtime. If you have a 2c, you may want to try using some heater hose and 3 cr123a for a phenomally bright light, I did this setup with 3 cr1231a in a 2c and its brighter than my p1d-ce on turbo mode, and very light with lithiums, but of course thats if you don't mind using them.

tvsjr

Newly Enlightened
If you choose to order it, I hope the unit shows up working properly. I recently ordered 3 TerraLUX dropins for the 3-6D Maglites, following an order of 2. One of the three was defective... they expect the purchaser to pay return shipping for the defective unit.

I'm waiting for an answer from them before I decline the charges on my credit card.

BUZ

Enlightened
Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one, will get up lots of pics/beamshots as soon as it arrives! I tried to order a glass lense for my mag and it seems flashlightlense is out of stock (for mag C&D cells).

BMRSEB

Enlightened
BUZ said:
Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one, will get up lots of pics/beamshots as soon as it arrives! I tried to order a glass lense for my mag and it seems flashlightlense is out of stock (for mag C&D cells).
Try Lighthound.com that's where I got my UCL lens from..