I got my ARC AAA 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Enlightened
I finally got my ARC AAA 3.1 that I ordered from TTS, in which by the way has awesome and reliable services. This is my very first ARC and so far, I like it a lot! It is quite a bit dimmer than the Photon but the battery life makes up for it I guess. I bought two ARC and each one has its own unique characteristics. One ARC has a very distinct blue/purple tint to its LED, while the other one has a bit more pea green tint to it. Both of the ARC's finishes that I bought are excellent. Though one of them has a wee bit more "natural" finish to it, almost kinda of like the LE but darker. I would highly recommend this to anyone would make this as their EDC light. To the people at ARC, Gransee, good job! And TTS, thank you for the awesome price that you guys have.

Darell

Flashaholic
Well done Zeph. Glad you like them, as I knew you would. I'm quite surprised to hear that your Photon is "quite a bit" brighter though. I have two or three Photons around here, and only for about the first ten minutes of battery use are the Photons brighter. If you really use these lights, you'll soon find that the Arc stays brighter for MANY more hours than the Photons (which are not regulated at all). Even so, with a fresh cell in the Arc, there really should't be that much difference from a new Photon.... But one way or another, if you leave them both on for 15 minutes, you'll change your tune on which one is brighter.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's also possible that ZEPH got one of the occasional "S" Photons -like I did. Even with 5-10 min. on the batteries, it's still a tad brighter than my Arc-LE.-which I'll never part with
smile.gif

Zephyr

Enlightened
By the way, darell, thank you very much for the advice. I would still be hesitant to buy an ARC if it wasn't for you. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

ZEPH
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.