ARC LS style ARC-MOFO CLICKY

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
First let me say that I am in no way connected to ARC and this part is
Hey guys I now have these for sale (bare only at the moment)
I am extremely proud of these they work great and look cool too.
I have said that this is my most complicated part I have ever made. This is still true.
They are the most expensive thing I have ever made as well.
I have done my very best to price these fairly.
Between the hours and cash invested believe me when I say there is not a whole bunch of profit in these. I will not lie. Funny thing is I have read some for sale postings on similar products and the seller claims the sale to be NON Profit. At the prices that some of these things were priced at all I could think is what a bunch of BS. Well I am making a few bucks on these (if I sell enough). Why shouldn't I try to make a few bucks? I have a lot of cash time and energy invested in this project. Please keep in mind that every aspect of this project is custom except for the switch (which is the off the shelf Mcclusky switch)
So there you have it.
If you own an ARC LS flashlight or a customized version then you may really enjoy this clicky. It is built just as heavy duty as the original power pack. If you have modded your LS with one of the new drivers with multiple modes then you will LOVE this baby since it makes clicking quickly for mode changes a breeze.
OK So if you have any questions just PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Thanks for your patience.
Yaesumofo

NOT made by ARC. This is an aftermarket part designed to work with ARC LS Flashlights.

Hi guys I have designed an aftermarket ARC LS clicky tail. I was wondering if I have been wasting my time. Anybody interested?
They will be finished in a type III finish with a color to match as closely as possible the original wonderful ARC Finish.
They are beautiful. This is a special switch which allows for momentary on as well as click on. These are great for those of you who have modified your arc's with some other emitter drivers which may require multiple clicks to change levels. I have not found that to be as easy to do with the kroll as it is with these. They will now stand on it's tail very nicely now as well. The 6061 machined aluminum on this part is (as are most mofo parts) very beefy have a look at how thick the side walls are. talk about heavy duty. One might think that the balance of the original light is thrown off b this but NO the light fits perfectly in your hand and feels great!!
Pricing and availability here soon.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2040947#post2040947
Yaesumofo
MOFOclickyfinalanno.jpg

mofoclickyfinalanno1.jpg

NOW AVAILABLE!!!
PLease see the custom and modifies BST forum for sale details.

Last edited:

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: aftermarket ARC LS CLICKY

Awesome! Very Interested. Is that a McClicky?
Sign me up!
-bobby

:sold: :popcorn:

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk

I would be in for one for sure. I never liked the stock clicky tail since it can't tail-stand.

- Chris

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

5 down 95 to go!!
I will give details about the switch, mass, and other stuff soon. The bodies are going to the polishing shop then anodizing next week. I will assemble test and package each unit, then I will make them available to all of you. The reason I made these is because I have never like the Cheap *** Kroll switch. I didn't understand why nobody made an alternative...until now. It is expensive to develop a part of this nature which will work the moment you need it to 100% reliable. It is also very difficult to please the very critical eye's of CPF's flashlight freaks.

I started work on these about 2 months ago, what you see in the first post is the fruit of my labor.
It is designed to complement the OEM head. The knurling is slightly deeper cut. I have found that Arc's knurling is too lite especially after it has been anodized. So I went one step deeper making it truly useful.
I was faced with a dilemma. to make it stand on it's tail or put an eyelet in it. The eyelet did not lend itself well to my design so I gave up on it A hole can be placed through the wall through which a ring can be mounted. this will be up to the end user to do. I hate tell you guys how substantial the light feels with this tail on it, it is a handful in a good way.
I also look at the number of people modding the arc and adding the "next" generation of emitters to them. along with those emitters have come new drivers. these new drivers have features which don't work well with a KROLL switch and using a twisty is not my idea of a fun time when using these multimode drivers. so the Mofo clicky was born.
I hope you guys tell your friends who are arc freaks about the part. So I can sell enough of these to cover my most ambitious and expensive project yet. I can't price them exactly yet because They are not finished yet. There is still work to be done. This is the first project I have done which really required multiple milling operations. I also have had to fabricate a special contact nut. There will be about 100 pieces available. I doubt that anybody who wants one will go without.
I have had a lot of fun making this so far. I hope you guys enjoy the them as much as I have enjoyed making them happen.
Yaesumofo

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I did not plan on selling the bare version. One of the things I try to do when making my aftermarket parts is to match the original as closely as possible. Selling bare parts defeats this philosophy. That is not to say I wont.
While I have plenty by the looks of things too many if selling bare parts looks like it will sell more then I may just do it.
I look at unfinished parts as seconds..less than perfect. I take pride in the stuff I make. I don't believe I have ever sold seconds.
It always mystified me that ARC sold their seconds.
I usually keep mine or but them into the aluminum recycling bin.

moleman said:
im in!!!
:sold:

price?
will they be available in bare aluminum, too?

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will get one.I think a slim 2AA tube like this would be nice also.

Reaper

Enlightened

I'm on my 3rd Kroll and I don't know how long this one will last. Put me down for at least one.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unfortunatly the nature of the switch design all but precludes a AA part. I am sorry. It is tricky enough to set up on a short body.
I am quite sure these switches will have a somewhat better number of click cycles than a Kroll switch.

I have put so much work into this part...I wish there were more ARC LS users interested.
Yaesumofo

russtang said:
I will get one.I think a slim 2AA tube like this would be nice also.

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk

I know it's a small drop in the bucket, but I'm sure I'll end up getting two tails instead of one. The Arc LS trends are really quite odd most of the time. The trends tend to be smaller, but somewhat frequent. Look over the past year or so... We've seen bombelman's CR2 twisty tail, your clicky tail, some people have been working on different heat sinks, special coatings, the Arc LS "reborn" lights, Cree and Seoul mods. So...while you might not get a mob of people to buy these new tails out of the gate, I'm sure they will become one of those need-to-have items that sell out over a longer term.

- Chris

Zman

Enlightened

It looks like a nice tail. Tailstand ability would have been welcome when I used to carry my LS. I may be interested in one. I would like to have a clue the price range. I wonder if it may be adaptable to a small 3 position toggle, to allow low, high off..
You don't really have to answer that, but I may purchase one or two to find that out.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast

mofo,

I'm shocked at the lack of interest being displayed in such a great product (seriously).

If cash allows, I will purchase two of these awesome looking tailpacks from you when ther time comes.

CFU

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interested - actually I'd buy one for sure but I'm in the process of a huge project and money is super tight but it would be very desirable if I can still get one after our project is done. So I'll add it the the growing want list and for sure will buy one at some point if they are still to be had. This is really close to why I started a message thread about lack of quality clickies. Sounds like you have made the answer for an Arc. +1 on the Tailstand function too! The Arc is a great candle light if you can make it stand up.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

I log in after a month and what do I find..
Good to see some die hard LS lovers sticking around :wave:

I'm in for 1 and maybe another depending on price.

Quality looks superb, enjoy the project mofo!

X_Marine

Enlightened

This looks like a great upgrade mofo.
Very interested to see your final product with more details and pics..

I'm sure I will need at least one if not more.

GJ..:goodjob:
X.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is good to see some interest in this. They will be read to go in a week or two. I have made some final design changes which are being done right now. I have the switches. A little metal cutting and then the anodizing and they will be ready for prime time!!
Yaesumofo