rechargeable battery question.

jeebuss1

Newly Enlightened
I currently own, Fenix l1p, Fenix l2p and will soon have a rexlight 2.0 and a jetbeam cl-e. Is there a rechargeable 14500 battery that can be used in all of these lights? If not, Can someone recommend a good rechargeable AA that can be used in all 4 lights? I will also need a decent 4 cell charger. Any suggestions? Thanks.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the data i read so far:

there is ONE version of those lights that is DESIGNED for the li-ions extra voltage, the rest of them would have to be modified in some way, or to have a li-ion that is regulated down to about 3v minimum.
it is possible with the 2CELL lights you could use a dummy and the li-ion, completly defeating your purpose of trying to get more total wattage out of the battery.

use something like a high cap ni-mhy for ones that you use reguarly and self discharge is not an issue, then use some low self discharge ni-mhy battery for the rest, all of that will charge with the same ni-?? type charger.

jeebuss1

Newly Enlightened
VidPro said:
Here is the data i read so far:

there is ONE version of those lights that is DESIGNED for the li-ions extra voltage, the rest of them would have to be modified in some way, or to have a li-ion that is regulated down to about 3v minimum.
it is possible with the 2CELL lights you could use a dummy and the li-ion, completly defeating your purpose of trying to get more total wattage out of the battery.

use something like a high cap ni-mhy for ones that you use reguarly and self discharge is not an issue, then use some low self discharge ni-mhy battery for the rest, all of that will charge with the same ni-?? type charger.
Thanks for the reply. Can you give a specific example of the batts you're talking about?

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are many branded names for them, and many types.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/79302
use a chart like this , and the first 10 to find a "high-cap" one

the Graphs there can be usefull TOO way beyond the "capacity" chart, if your discharging them rapidly, like in a INCAN or Digital camera, or something, then the Rate of discharge can be important.

then LSD (low self discharge) comes in many branded names also, Sanyo "enloop", ray-o-vac "Hybrid" , Uniross "Hybrios" and i think titanium branded has a LSD

Last edited: