Surefire Model Questions

Mark H.

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Surefire SW01 "fatty" and I see that it fits the M2, C3 and M3T among others, none of which I own. I don't mind buying a new light to fit this fine-looking tailcap, but I need a little assistance from those of you with more knowledge about the Surefire line.

I would like to add it to a 1x123 or 2x123 light with an LED head (I'm not considering incandescents). Which SF models should I be looking for?

Also, are there any custom bodies that you recommend and, if so, what head would they take?

I've done a search on "SW01" and found a few threads mentioning the models I listed above, but I can't find a comprehensive answer.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

Sincerely,

Mark H.

Novaflash

Newly Enlightened
Where did you get it? If you dont mind me asking.
Nevermind on the B/S/T

Last edited:

Mark H.

Newly Enlightened
Novaflash said:
Where did you get it? If you dont mind me asking.

Hi Nova,

I got it from Pokerstud on the "Sell" forum about an hour and a half ago. I was extremely lucky to log on at just the right time -- I bought it within 2 minutes of his listing it. These are really hard to find, and they're beautiful. That's why I didn't care what body it fit.

I checked Lighthound, and it looks like what I'll get is a Leef 1x18650 "C" body and a Surefire KL3 head. I already use 18650s in a custom Mac-modded Seoul MagLite.

Best wishes,

Mark H.

TMorita

Enlightened
Reminds me of the old cartoon:

"Hey mister, you need a HOUSE for this DOORKNOB!"

Toshi

greenstuffs

Banned
All surefire M, C, Kroma, U2 series, Leef bodies work as well. Of course you can put a SW01 to a G2 Nitrolon :D
They should work well with LED's but not as good with incans as the SW01, SW02 were discarded later on by surefire as they had too much resistance, nevertheless they look cool :). Nice purchase if you decide to part with yours just let me know.

Mark H.

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Le, that's the information I wanted. Good to hear from you, my friend.

Best wishes,

Mark

And Toshi, yes, but what a nice doorknob it is, eh? :)