NEED HELP WITH DOG

DJ Q

Newly Enlightened
A stray puppy wandered into my yard today...well yesterday (technically) and was in a lot of pain because of a broken leg...she wouldn't let me out of her sight, and started to become comfortable in the yard...I called the SPCA, and what they said basically was that if it isn't chipped (indicating ownership), it would be put to sleep...

It's a really nice pup, and I didn't have the heart to make the dreadful call to have it removed, so I took it to the vet...he said that it would cost up to $1000 to have the leg fixed...money is tight right now, and I already sold a couple of lights to pay for the x-ray and visit..I truly can't afford all the expenses for the leg...and I would hate to put it to sleep

If there's anyone out there that has an idea of how I can raise some money for an injured dog, please let me know...

much appreciation,
Kevin
[email protected]

Last edited:

DJ Q

Newly Enlightened
There's really no request for donation...All I'm asking is if there is a person or even a vet out ot there per se that knows of a humane society of sorts or maybe a non-profit agency that knows more information

atm

Enlightened
I don't know if it's the same over there as it is here, but if you can find an animal shelter (non-SPCA) with their own vet clinic they may well take the pup in and foster it out while the leg is healing, and then find an owner for it. Most such shelters have volunteers that foster animals such as these as needed.

Greta

Flashaholic
DJ Q said:
There's really no request for donation...All I'm asking is if there is a person or even a vet out ot there per se that knows of a humane society of sorts or maybe a non-profit agency that knows more information.

Well yes... now your post reflects that. However... (just so no one thinks I'm being heavy handed here)... your original post was just a little bit different... wouldn't you agree?