Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelhead

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,
We will need 250 as a min. order quantity but peter will produce the straight aluminum version for us at standard cost.
Let us know if you'd be interested and at what quantity.
Thanks,
Steelhead

Steelhead

Newly Enlightened
I'll take one to start us off and if we get close to 250 I may pick up any slack.
Steelhead
QTY: 1

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love these lights, and i love this company! I'll take one just because it looks cool...that and i need (or want... i can't distinquish anymore) a white led.

I recall a few members recieving prototype Arc LSs a long while back. I think Craig "The LED-Museum" recieved one and has pictures on his site. Were those prototypes just bare alumminum? I think they were...they were silver. If they were...Craig, how do they stand up against daily use? I know you've carried that around for quite some time.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
I love these lights, and i love this company! I'll take one just because it looks cool...that and i need (or want... i can't distinquish anymore) a white led.

I recall a few members recieving prototype Arc LSs a long while back. I think Craig "The LED-Museum" recieved one and has pictures on his site. Were those prototypes just bare alumminum? I think they were...they were silver. If they were...Craig, how do they stand up against daily use? I know you've carried that around for quite some time.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The body & head have a lot of very shallow scuffs & scratches on it, but it's still looks bright and somewhat shiny (not quite mirror shiny, not quite matte finish either). It was never truly mirror or chrome shiny; let me try to think of what else has that kind of finish... hmmm I just can't think of anything. When you think of "bare aluminum" and develop a picture in your mind, well, that's what it still looks like.
smile.gif

Time to bring out the camera...

als2.jpg

Head with 123 pack on it, 2-AA pack in front.
als1.jpg

Same. Lighting was from computer monitor, the yellowing sunset, and (this picture only) an Ill Pill LS mod coming in from low & to the left.

You can tell where the flashlight has been dropped (check out the ding in the 2AA tail); the rest of the irregularities are just from everyday use; in my opinion, this gives the flashlight a homely, lived-in look; you can tell the person who owns this flashlight actually *uses* it.
smile.gif

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
How bought this? The next generation of ARC LE's be produced in silver anodize?

This way they are different then the last set of LE's so everything stays Limitied? Plus we get the new circuit, roll crimp etc and the silver we all want.

I woulda voted for silver on the CPF, but I thought silver would be a standard color soon enough, but maybe I was wrong?

And by silver I mean an anodize the same color as the base aluminum.

aso

Enlightened
I'll take two of the AAA's.

I'll even take an aluminum LS kit if it ever becomes reality.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I'll take three! I'm tired of everything looking like it belongs to a SEAL or SWAT team member. I spent 15+ years in the Army...I'v had enough of things military!
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Not sure how easy it is but McGizmo did this. It sure looks cool. Here is his thread on it. Oh yeah and count me in at least once for an aluminum version.

supertrucker

Newly Enlightened
I'll take one to! I have seen a minimag with the same finish and I loved it ( not enough to buy it though )!

Status
Not open for further replies.