• +4 for bad pile

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • +5 for bad pile

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anecdotes don't tell much, so here's an informal attempt to collect statistics about people's actual experience with the Jetbeam CL-Es they've received.

The question (for those who have Jetbeam CL-Es in hand): how many good and/or bad ones did you get?

If you got a good one, check "+1 for good pile", if a bad one, check "+1 for bad pile", check "+2 for good pile" if you got 2 good ones, and so on. If you got some bad and some good, check the 2 buttons which reflect your situation. If you got say 8 good ones, you can click the +5 good and the +3 good. The poll is multiple choice (you can select more than 1 category and - late realization - the math doesn't care).

I'd like to keep this light and cheerful, unlike some other Jetbeam threads. I got 2 good ones (x2x2x3 group buy). I'm curious what other people will report.

NOTE: If your light blew when you used a 14500 Li-Ion, I request you don't use that as a reason to declare your CLE as "bad".

ANOTHER NOTE: If your threads arrived dirty but the light worked OK after cleaning and lubing of threads, I personally would still consider that a "good" light. YMMV.

Last edited:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very good thread, as you said, anecdotes doesnt tell much. Should be more threads like this. After reading the different jeer threads about Surefire, it would be interesting to know how high they failure rate really is. Same thing with Fenix, I've been picking up some complaints in different threads about lower quality after the introduction of P1D, wonder if there any thruth in those statements.
Sorry for the OTrant, good initiative on Jetbeam and
:bumpit: :bumpit: :bumpit: :bumpit:

david-me

Newly Enlightened
matrixshaman said:
Wow - someone voted they got 5 bad ones? I'd like to hear about that if it's real.

With all the bad press (on CPF) these lights have been getting I am suprised to see how well this light is doing. Of course those with bad lights would be more vocal about it

big beam

Enlightened
This is hard for me.sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.I mean it always comes on but not always in primary mode and sometimes it doesn't change modes. :mad:
DON

I think I'll call it bad.

Last edited:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did a quick count but 11 bad of 35 voted doesnt sound good...
On the other hand, I'm a bit doubtfull about the guy who got FIVE bad ones, that's almost half of the reported. Still, 6 bad ones of 35 isn't something that sounds like good QC.

david-me

Newly Enlightened
Lobo said:
Did a quick count but 11 bad of 35 voted doesnt sound good...
On the other hand, I'm a bit doubtfull about the guy who got FIVE bad ones, that's almost half of the reported. Still, 6 bad ones of 35 isn't something that sounds like good QC.

I am in agreemant . Perhaps I should not say it is doing well, but that while it is doing really bad, it is not doing as bad as i had thought it would.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the responses so far. I would also be interested in hearing more about the single case of 5 bad samples, like what their source was.

Including the 5 bad ones sample, I get 77% good lights overall so far. Discounting the 5 bad ones case, I get 82% good.

There ought to be close to 200 people who've gotten some. I'd love to hear from more of them, and anyone who got them directly in China. Sources for the bad ones would also be interesting.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
No more jetbeams for me, at least until I hear the quality has picked up and the price fixing goes away...

Seems it was a problem for them that DX was giving CPFers a deal

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought one...it died when I fed it a 14500 cell (even though it had the hidden mode).
icon8.gif

CFU

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Voted +1 good pile.
My C-LE is still working well.

Mine was direct from Emil ordered on the day it was put out for sale on his site. Mine has the beacon mode.
Mine would have been trashed immediately had I rushed to play with it. But thanks to CPF and Emil's slow slow order processing, I read that people were getting them with bad threads, grinding threads, dirty threads etc. Mine came with very "dirty" threads. Aluminum shards all over. Took a couple cleanings and then a lube job with nyogel but mine survived.

I haven't run it with a 14500 and don't plan to for now, as this may be my one and only Jetbeam depending on how current issues play out.

SEMIJim

Enlightened
Casual Flashlight User said:
Bought one...it died when I fed it a 14500 cell (even though it had the hidden mode).
icon8.gif

CFU
Did JB say you could use 14500's in it? Can't bash JB for its failure upon doing so if they didn't.

LightScene

Enlightened
There's something odd about the percentages because they add up to more than 100. Over 75% are good and over 30% are bad.