Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got an ARC AAA 3.1 (white) in today-

As soon as I got home, I took it into my "special dark space" along with my ARC CPF Special Edition...

Turned them both on, and was astounded- the new 3.1 appeared to be twice as bright as the CPF with a 50% wider beam that was almost "pure white". I was VERY impressed.

Thought maybe the battery in the CPF model might be getting a little weak even though I haven't used it more than 10 minutes since it was fresh.

So I switched batteries, and still the 3.1 was much brighter and wider at the same time.
I was very excited to say the least....

So, I switched the batteries back, turned them both off and went to get the camera for a picture to post here and in my beamshots web page.

Got the camera, went back in, turned on both ARCS, and while focusing etc, the 3.1 dimmed to EXACTLY match the CPF edition.

Have tried new batteries and etc, but still the beams from the two ARCs remain identical.

I pretty much expected the new 3.1 to have about the same output as the CPF edition, so am not disappointed that they ARE the same.

But, I sure would like it if the 3.1 had stayed as bright as it was for the first minute or so that I had it on. I didn't get to measure it before it dimmed, but I bet it was putting out about 40 LUX@ 1meter that first minute.... (now they both read 22 LUX @ 1 meter, which is what I always get with the CPF edition with fresh batteries).

Darell

Flashaholic
I've certainly never seen that with any Arc AAA that I've had the pleasure of firing up. My guess is that if it had stayed that bright, it wouldn't have remained lit for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.