McGizmo has all the cool designs

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't help myself...Don has produced yet another jaw dropping designed flashlight.

I couldn't stop looking at his new 2 cell light, It was driving me nuts...so
here's my 1x 18500 TBSB, with a McGizmo inspired body grip, and the new long clip too...
grinser2.gif

This is not a McGizmo light

For all you CPF'ers waiting for your new McGizmo lights to arrive, Don's new grip design is awesome...you're gonna love it.

This light is not for sale, and I will not produce any similar patterned cell tubes...this was just something to satisfy my flashaholism.

TB

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the compliments...

I've been playing LEGO for the last hour, the grip design looks great with many different head designs and sizes.

TB

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
kenster said:
Sweeeeet TB! :rock: Send it my way and I would be happy to play legos with it for a lot more than an hour. :grin2:

Ken
I see you have a flashlight extruding machine now too...

Whatcha spinnin?

TB

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
TranquillityBase said:
I see you have a flashlight extruding machine now too...

Whatcha spinnin?

TB

Nothing yet. :eek: Titanium will be a...... hopefully maybe someday deal. You do so well with Ti I really don`t need to! :)

Ken

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stunning, TB! In the pics above it appears the ribs are descending in size/diamater a la McGizmo's light. Really, really cool!

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chronos said:
Stunning, TB! In the pics above it appears the ribs are descending in size/diamater a la McGizmo's light. Really, really cool!
Yes they are, you have a very sharp eye Chronos.

I skimmed .010" off the center rib, to clean off the mill finish, then .025" from the ribs to the left and right of the center rib...the two end ribs have .050" removed from their diameters.

TB

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
TB, looking at the pictures for the 20th time :eek: I just realized I was thinking piston but this must have a clickie switch right? No pictures showing the tail.:grin2:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
kenster said:
TB, looking at the pictures for the 20th time :eek: I just realized I was thinking piston but this must have a clickie switch right? No pictures showing the tail.:grin2:
McClicky is correct kind sir...

Don't feel embarrassed, I looked at McGizmo's thread 497 times...

The tube is straight-up E to E, and the switch housing is E-series also...I make the cell tube blank first, then I use an existing switch housing to measure the gap (with a feeler gauge) between the tube and the switch housing, usually it's about .015"...Then I make the switch housing blank...check for proper switch function...then the whole assembly is pattern cut at the same time.

The switch seam is in the middle of the chamfer, second rib. You wouldn't find the seam, even with a magnifying glass. As long as the parts are very tight while the final cutting is done, the seam will be invisible.

The switch compression needs spot-on for this to work properly...so I use the actual switch and boot cap for measurements. The switch housing must tighten against the body, without crunching the switch, this is the only fiddly aspect of the build, but it must be correct for everything to work properly.

That's it...

TB

Last edited: